logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05. May 2024, 19:06:17

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: rev 0.6 - nur UI - erste FW installieren ... <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: rev 0.6 - nur UI - erste FW installieren ...  (Read 2782 times)
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Re:rev 0.6 - nur UI - erste FW installieren ...
« Reply #15 on: 03. May 2020, 08:53:42 »

Hi Conrad

This is how I did it with OVI40 (but the process is the same with mcHF):

https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=1169

Here is a quick check list from the above thread (please note the the two resitors in mcHF have different numbers).

"To summarize the procedure to other readers. Here I am talking about OVI40, similar method applies to the mcHF, but be careful between the revisions (rev 0.7 has different jumper and pin layout - just follow Chris' "USB Blank CPU Programming" procedure related to bootloader installation - because the same applies to the firmware - disregard Chris' different approach to firmware installation. Back to OVI40, please follow this steps:

1. Solder MCU and the rest of the parts as they are on the first page of the schematics (you don't need IC8 5V regulator and its parts).
2. Bridge P6
3. Bridge Band+
4. Provide 5V from mini-USB by wire connecting JP6 and pin 28 on JP1 (see photo)
5. Have the DFUSe installed
6. Have your bootloader and firmware files ready (both MUST be .dfu)
7. Connect your OVI40 (mini USB) and PC (regular USB)
8. You will hear the sound of your PC recognizing your OVI40 UI (wait if it installs the driver)
9. Run DFUSe programme (as in the instructions: "UHSDR Bootloader Installation Procedure")
10. In the DFUSe on the top of the screen you must see: "STM Device in DFU Mode"
11. Start FIRST with bootloader (.dfu)
12. Press the following buttons: CHOOSE (the button at the bottom) and locate for bootloader .dfu file, mark VERIFY AFTER DOWNLOAD and as a very last press UPGRADE (NOT Upload).
13. Then I suggest to close the DFUSe programme and reopen it.
14. Again you will see "STM Device in DFU Mode".
15. Now you will install the Firmware (.dfu).
16. Repeat the steps under bullet nr. 12, but this time after CHOOSE locate your fimware .dfu file. Follow the rest of the procedure as in step 12.
17. Your MCU is programmed! It has both bootloader and firmware!
18. Close the programme
19. Remove the USB from your PC (please follow the procedure as when you remove USB stick).
20. Remove both bridges: P6 and at the Band+
21. If you want to test your MCU don't remove the wire providing 5V to pin 28.

How to test MCU:
1. solder resistors R36, R37 (the ones connected to D1, D2 Led diodes).
2. solder LED1 and LED 2 (I have installed them just provisionally, because I have removed them after the test - it is easier to solder other SMD parts).
3. Again connect the mini-USB to your PC USB and enjoy the LED show!
4. First you see RED led turning on.
5. Then both RED and GREEN leds are lit.
6. It takes some 10s for RED led to go off.
7. In the end just GREEN Led is lit.
8. Check your PC and connected devices, look for "USB Interface 40SDR", and "Speakers (USB Interface mchf)". The last one might write differently on your PC since I am using the same PC to run mcHF Rev 0.7 as well and my PC sees the OVI40SDR as the same sound device.
9. Now you have visual confirmation that your MCU is functional and you can continue soldering the rest of the parts.
10. Now please do not forget to REMOVE the wire providing the 5V to pin 28 on JP1.

Kind regards

Janez, S58J
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: rev 0.6 - nur UI - erste FW installieren ... <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!