logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. March 2024, 01:50:33

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Time plan? <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Time plan?  (Read 5240 times)
sm0nor
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Time plan?
« on: 17. December 2017, 11:01:43 »

Hi all!
I ran across this project only yesterday. It looks really great and I'm very interested, I just wonder if the there is a time plan for the whole project? Excuse me if there is one that I haven't found yet, although I have browsed all subjects..
As I understand it, only the UI is available today for pre-order and the rest is in testing and will be available sometime in the future? Correct?
That leads to my question, If sign up on the UI today, when can one expect to have all parts needed to complete the project and have a working rig?
Have a nice weekend and keep up the good work!
Ulf - SM0NOR
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:Time plan?
« Reply #1 on: 17. December 2017, 11:37:37 »

Hi Ulf,

correct: actually only UI is available. RF is running but not on PCBs - it is a 3 dimensional build  I am working intensively on it and hopefully the first prototype PCBs are available end of January. This will be followed by a testiing procedure. Next step will be betatesting, where a small amount will be tested by some OMs (betatesting team is already complete - sorry). And if everything works fine RF parts will be available at March.

There are project pages which will be updated if something new is out. Of course discussing here in forum is active, too.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
sm0nor
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17. December 2017, 17:59:10 »

Sounds great! What kind of power is expected from the RF?
Ulf - SM0NOR
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 17. December 2017, 18:11:34 »

This is mentioned on the project pages - link is in my previous post.

There will be two different versions: one with 10W and one with 50...75W (pluggable modules).

And it is nearly sure that RF PCB can work RX up to 290MHz  I have pre-prototype here which is already capable to work up to 290MHz. So 2m RX included: nearly sure. Regarding PA I am not sure but because of RF motherboard is designed to carry different pluggable modules for specific parts I am thinking about a 10W 2m power module...

Please stay tuned. I want to release the latest "bleeding edgde" possibilities and hopefully the community will improve it and it will climb the biggest mountains... Because of its modular design hopefully only smaller PCBs must be swapped or modified. I want to design a RF board which will have a very long life cycle. Not a "throwaway" thinking.

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 17. December 2017, 18:14:38 by DF8OE » Logged

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
sm0nor
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17. December 2017, 19:24:23 »

Ok...  Really nice with the modular design. I have been looking around for a new SDR since my Anan 100 broke down a couple of months ago and this project really looks nice; first because I'm not in the position to shell 3000-4000 again and the modular design makes it possible to spread the cost. I was asking about the output because I was thinking I might be able to reuse working parts from the Anan. First foremost the PA section, but also maybe the filter board.
Anyway, I'm tempted to jump on the project. If it takes a few months before I'm on air that is OK :-). But it would be nice to have up and running to the summer :-)
Ulf - SM0NOR
AC9QP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18. December 2017, 02:31:22 »

Great to hear about the 290MHz receive range! Is this still using the Si5351 or did the design switch back to the Si570 or something else?
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 18. December 2017, 05:08:47 »

SI5351 design.

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
dstirrup
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #7 on: 10. March 2018, 00:08:53 »

Will the current RF design part be a SI5351A-B04486-GT  ?  It is the only part element14 stock and is very cheap for what it does in a package we can solder.

Or maybe the new Si549 lower noise parts?  Great specifications but cost and size are challenging

Cheers,
David

DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 10. March 2018, 10:05:01 »

We need SI5351A in 10 pin MSOP [edited:typo]  case because we are using two of the outputs which provide 90° phase shifted signals.

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 10. March 2018, 15:21:04 by DF8OE » Logged

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10. March 2018, 13:47:45 »

Is MSSOP the same like MSOP ?
According to the actual  datasheet there is no MS(S)OP.
« Last Edit: 10. March 2018, 13:49:42 by peter_77 » Logged
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10. March 2018, 14:00:47 »

Hi Peter,

don't know but in your linked datasheet, page 1, upper right image says 10-MSOP.
Anyway, the important piece of information is that we want to use the quadrature mode output capabilities of the Si5351a and need two clock outputs which we can configure with 90 degree phase difference.
We have the code, it works, we have seen other devices using it with good success, it uses much less power than the Si570 and the Si549, it is way cheaper even when combined with a TCXO (which gives us much better temperature stability than the other ones) so why not go with it?

And for all who want something else:
It is kind of easy to replace the the clock generator in the code and somewhat easy to use with other hardware.

Danilo 
dstirrup
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #11 on: 11. March 2018, 11:19:05 »

HI Danilo,

From another thread Andreas indicated to me he is using that chip and the 90 degree phased output method.  But I expect with his usual efficiency he will answer very soon and I hope to learn more about how he is building the RF modular system.

« Last Edit: 11. March 2018, 11:19:42 by dstirrup » Logged
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13. March 2018, 14:34:23 »

Hi Danilo !
My question was only regarding the form factor of the IC ! I could find MSSOP but only MSOP. Thats why i asked if both form factors are the same or if there is a difference.
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13. March 2018, 22:42:50 »

Hi Peter,

Andrea wrote originally MSSOP (which does not exist AFAIK); which he at some point corrected to MSOP (which is a well known package).  I think we can close this discussion :-)

Danilo
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Time plan? <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!