logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
25. April 2024, 20:43:29

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Welcome / willkommen! <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Welcome / willkommen!  (Read 41635 times)
KevinA
Neuling

It's English

View Profile WWW E-Mail
Re:Welcome / willkommen!
« Reply #15 on: 23. September 2017, 04:14:54 »

Made it, figured out what the error message was and finally got in. Selected English but the menus are still German. Still can't find what MCU your using, I know it isn't the H series!

MediaWiki does page translation to whatever the language is the person logged in sets as well as language menus, phpBB has menus in most the the different languages, us can select from a flag on the home page but it is a hack to get content translation without google..

My head broke on figuring out time, Your 4, GMT is 6 I'm 2200 (-7) BANG! Central European Summer Time = GMT+2 - Mountain Standard Time ( MST ) = GMT-7 

Kevin K2AAE
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 23. September 2017, 07:44:56 »

Hi Kevin,

welcome!

I have changed my setting to English just for testing yet and here all included menues now is in English. I think you do have problems with the cache of your browser which offers you the cached German menu pictures instead of the new English ones 

Please use the search function (or read carefully the two (!!) postings here on OVI40 board. There is a schematics where you can see everything you need. It is linked in thread "Technische Daten". Of course there will appear a special regin in our standard web pages at given time (before end of September) where the main informations are bundled for fast accessibility.

I am using this forum software and not phpBB, SMF or others due to technical reasons. So the usage of this software is no point to discuss - sorry.

I hope you will be satisfied with our team working and welcome you as a new part of it!

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 23. September 2017, 12:56:02 »

Additionally I just added "google translate dropdowns" on our webpages, at forum and WIKI. To be clear: google translator is NOT PERFECT AT ALL and some times results are rediculous. But I think it is better to have ANY translation than NONE translation. This can help to understand modifications, forum postings and does translate WIKI pages which aren't already translated by community. In WIKI I hope alle OVI40 relevant pages will minimum be spread in English and German. If others do contribute they can be translated manually into every other language and added to WIKI. But I by myself do not have the time and power to do this by myself.

EDIT:
Using flags for selecting languages is a no-go. Some languages (like English) can be described by much more than one flag (and what would be "the right one"?) and in some countries (like Swiss) there is more than one language. So it is recommended to use international (ISO) short form or full name of language (best solution)...

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 23. September 2017, 13:01:01 by DF8OE » Logged

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
KevinA
Neuling

It's English

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #18 on: 23. September 2017, 22:36:27 »

Quote from: DF8OE on 23. September 2017, 07:44:56
Hi Kevin,

welcome!

I have changed my setting to English just for testing yet and here all included menues now is in English. I think you do have problems with the cache of your browser which offers you the cached German menu pictures instead of the new English ones 

Please use the search function (or read carefully the two (!!) postings here on OVI40 board. There is a schematics where you can see everything you need. It is linked in thread "Technische Daten". Of course there will appear a special regin in our standard web pages at given time (before end of September) where the main informations are bundled for fast accessibility.

I am using this forum software and not phpBB, SMF or others due to technical reasons. So the usage of this software is no point to discuss - sorry.

I hope you will be satisfied with our team working and welcome you as a new part of it!

vy 73
Andreas
That helped! I can read the links now since I barley (barely) understand English let alone German! The Google thing works but when replying it reverts back to the native language.

« Last Edit: 24. September 2017, 00:36:12 by KevinA » Logged

Kevin K2AAE
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 24. September 2017, 17:13:48 »

It is a German project but of course it wants to grow over the whole planet. So  we must integrate German and international English at ONE source. My dream is that we work together regardless of languages. We do have some "nice little helpers" like Google and we do have HAM SPIRIT. So I am nearly sure we will successfully working together 

If you do have any suggestions please do not hesitate and write them down here. I am learning every day and I am sure there are things which can be improved in future. It is simple because all this (excluded GITHUB) is running on my own root server...

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
KevinA
Neuling

It's English

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #20 on: 25. September 2017, 02:15:04 »

I take it you don't sleep much 

Kevin K2AAE
F4HTX
schon länger dabei

Scotty, energize...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02. December 2017, 06:01:24 »

Dear fellow OM’s,

This is my first post on this forum, so it’s time to introduce myself to this community. I’ll use English as my two years of learning German are very far in the past for me now and the only remaining vocabulary is « Briefmarkensammler » and « Schlittschuhlaüfer » , this won’t be enough to talk about radio.

My name is François, I’m French born in early 60’s and licensed in May 1980. I’ve been playing with electronics since my childhood, especially old broken tube radio I found in morning bin in Paris city where I lived then. When I fixed one with short waves bands, a new world opened to me, and I’m still listening.

Because of pro and kids I stopped active ham for a few decades (but not electronics) and get back to ham a few years ago.

Building and crafting is very important to me as well as sharing with other OM’s. I wanted to experiment with SDR tech and after some web digging I decided few months ago to run for the mchf, in first place because of the open software. I build the thing (v0.6) and rapidly came to the need of modding. After reading, implementing, testing, measuring again, and again I came to the point that new hardware has to be designed. So back, to internet, and thank you to online transalation capabilities, because now I can (almost) read the Sulingen I40 forum.

And when I finally understood the work done by people on this forum, I knew that I awake too late on this project. Sad face

Anyway, I would be happy to catch the train from here, join the effort, and hope to be able to contribute in some way to the community work.

I started to speak of the OVI40 project around me and already some OM’s planned to build one, with the usual restraints because of SMD tech, but I’m here to help on that. I’ll present my mchf to the local OM’s gathering and we’ll see if more will join.  Keep posted !

For now, I started to translate the OVI pages in French, this might help too.

Thanks again for for you all who made this thing to happen, it’s conforting to see real ham spirit alive and vivid.

Best regards,

François / F4HTX

A pic of one of my mchf with extended shielding. I didn’t help to clean the LO spurs, but it does look nice...

(edit) pic doesn't want to show up, sorry. I'll try to fix that later...
« Last Edit: 02. December 2017, 17:33:45 by F4HTX » Logged
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 02. December 2017, 16:09:16 »

Hi François,

welcome to our community! And thank you again for translating the first pages for OVI40 at our WIKI 

I hope you enjoy our team and I am nearly sure your contribution will bring the project steps forward. It is just at the beginning of the journey - a journey which can (hopefully will) get much skills and knowledges, fun at homebrewing, and winning friends with same interests 

Regarding "pics":
If you want to attach a file you cannot use the "preview" button. If you do the attachment is lost. Attachments only work at "direct posts". This is due to security changes on all browsers - the main script of this discussion board is 14 years old and I have not worked on that...

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
F4HTX
schon länger dabei

Scotty, energize...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02. December 2017, 17:36:27 »

Txs Andreas, no preview then...
 mchfv06_shielding.jpg

DJ0RG
Neuling

Noch neu

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26. June 2018, 16:15:33 »

Ich stelle mich mal in aller Kürze vor: Jörg aus Lüneburg, seit kurzem DJ0RG, also A. Mich interessiert Elektronik mehr als Abendrunde (no pun intended...).

Eigentlich E05, wegen mcHF / OVI40 bei I40 reinschauend. So wie ich das verstehe, ist es ein eher unglücklicher Zeitpunkt zum Starten. OVI40 UI könnte ich wohl angehen, aber HF scheint es im Moment nicht zu geben. mcHF 0.7 würde ich ungerne starten und wieder verwerfen. Also werde ich mich erst einmal weiter einlesen und abwarten, wie Euer SDR vorankommt. Da ich auch ein Leben habe, verstehe ich dessen Eigenheiten, insbesondere auf Zeit bezogen, ganz gut ;-)

Aber wenn Euer HF in Sichtweite kommt, dann würde ich gerne durchstarten! Am Liebsten nicht alleine, da das Projekt ja doch nicht ganz trivial ist.

Bis dahin beste Grüße an den tollen OV Sulingen,
Jörg
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 26. June 2018, 16:43:36 »

Hallo Jörg,

Du bist hier nicht alleine 

Ich habe mir fest vorgenommen, die RF-Platinen in den Sommerferien (beginnen übermorgen) zum
Betastadium zu bringen. Und da bei mir zwischen Betastadium und "Release" meistens keine langen Zeiträume liegen, sieht es also ganz gut aus mit dem Vorankommen.

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
Michael_K
Urgestein

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27. June 2018, 06:06:27 »

Hallo Andreas,
vielleicht passen meine 2 Fragen nicht so richtig hierher; trotzdem will ich sie stellen. Sie sind mehr "kommerzieller Natur".
1. wie planst Du den Vertrieb der rf-Platinen? - leere PCB, als Kit, teilbestückt, o.ä.
2. machst Du im Vorfeld eine Art "Bedarfsermittlung"? - evtl. gepaart mit Vorkasse, um für dich die Kosten zu minimieren
Ich bin auf alle Fälle mit dabei.
vy 73 aus dem sonnig werdenden Erfurt
Michael_K
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 27. June 2018, 07:07:00 »

So machen wir das (und so war es auch immer geplant). Zu gegebener Zeit mache ich für solche Dinge eien eigenen Thread auf. Und ja: 2m ist mit dabei (ohne Umsetzung).

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27. June 2018, 12:33:16 »

Quote:
Wenn to willst, konnen wir auf Italienish sprechen
Molto buono ! Chosi posso migliorare il mio Italiano !
Senza practica diventa un puo arrugginito 

UI pcb is not so interesting for all long term beta testers cause here are waiting 3 ready soldered I40 UIs for the RF part. That one will finally make our day....
But luckily Chris is again selling 0.6 mcHF RF pcbs for those who cannot wait.
So maybe a good argument for DJ0RG to start with the UI...?!
Or...ask Artur SP3OSJ http://www.sp3osj.pl for a kit of his new SParrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZ0NiOfhTg
« Last Edit: 27. June 2018, 12:44:38 by peter_77 » Logged
DL1KBX

« Reply #29 on: 28. June 2018, 12:00:48 »

Quote from: DF8OE on 26. June 2018, 16:43:36
...sieht es also ganz gut aus mit dem Vorankommen.
vy 73
Andreas

Und was mit den Ui-1.8 und 3.5 Zoll LCD Bestellungen?
Sind die alle schon erledigt? Ich warte seit Dez. 2017 schon
Sind ja wohl auch andere, vllt. sogar sehr viele dafon betrofen

Habe zwar ein funktionierendes 1.7 Board (selbst gelötet), deswegen, einerseits,
freue ich mich dass Du mit dem RF Board bald fertig bist. Andersrum ...
Also ich bestelle nur wenn es wirklich fertige PCBs gibt. Und keine fertig gelötete...

73 55! de Wlad, DL1KBX

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Welcome / willkommen! <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!