logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. March 2024, 10:48:54

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Alternative PTT <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Alternative PTT  (Read 1883 times)
satoryboy
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
Alternative PTT
« on: 08. October 2020, 15:12:23 »

Is it possible in OVI40-UI to take any F7 port for a separate PTT - for a pedal in CW mode? Or are all the ports married?
« Last Edit: 08. October 2020, 15:13:54 by satoryboy » Logged
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:Alternative PTT
« Reply #1 on: 08. October 2020, 17:04:05 »

There are free ports. But why do you want to take a seperate one? Why not using already present PTT? There is nothing against in parallel connected switches 

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
satoryboy
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #2 on: 09. October 2020, 06:06:10 »

Thanks. Let the regular PTT also work. Alternative - to work with a pedal in the CW. Many are annoyed by the shortening of the first dash.
« Last Edit: 09. October 2020, 06:07:28 by satoryboy » Logged
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 09. October 2020, 11:50:50 »

The shortening of the first dash has nothing to do with PTT. It is due to the nature of signal processing. You cannot interrupt RX within the next picoseconds. Often you have to wait a few hundred mikroseconds / milliseconds to finish their work before you can go to TX. That would not be shorter is you use another line.

Implementing a function "prepare for CW TX" with a seperate PTT is possible - but nobody is working on this at the moment.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13. October 2020, 16:15:38 »

Hi Satoryboy,

are you talking "straight key/external keyer" operation? If so, there is in fact an easy way to get the extra line for silently switching to TX: the other input we use for a paddle, which is unused in case of straight key operation.

That would be quite easy to implement as a trigger for transmit without signal.
In case of using the internal keyer, this is of course not so easy, unless we optionally use the first touch of any of the inputs as "switch to tx" and start interpreting the input only with the "second" touch of at least one paddle.

As I am not at all experienced in CW operations, these may not be what is needed.

Danilo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Alternative PTT <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!