logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
26. April 2024, 13:13:46

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: OVI-40 exhibits in local FieldDay <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: OVI-40 exhibits in local FieldDay  (Read 1460 times)
F4HTX
schon länger dabei

Scotty, energize...

View Profile
OVI-40 exhibits in local FieldDay
« on: 01. July 2018, 10:39:04 »

Dear Friends,

We had on this Saturday a FieldDay in my area (South of Paris suburb), it was a recurrent private event (9th year) where people from the area present what they are doing, designing and crafting. It is held in the countryside, and the day ends with a friendly BBQ and some astronomy activities. It is not a large event, but forty OMs attended this year, and we had a tremendous weather.

It was the opportunity for me and my Friend Jean-Paul F6DPT to show our little babies and explain to anyone interested the values of open design.

We were demonstrating two mchf and one OVI-40/mchfRF, and displaying few work in progress pcb.

After discussing all the afternoon, this is what we noticed :
1. All the people were enthusiastic about the working TRx. The compact design and the beautiful display were a hit.
2. Explaining the history of mchf, ovi-40, UHSDR is not simple, but all the OMs understood the huge possibilities that the choosen path offered to the individual. Access to project a single person can’t cope with, and get access quite simply to up to date technologies.
3. Most of the OMs were afraid of crafting smd pcbs, because of inexperience, declining vision, etc. They love the idea of being able to purchase populated boards.
4. The OVI-40 UI speaks by itself when demonstrated aside the original mchf, great success.
5. The modularity approach of the yet to be OVI-40 RF got a very very positive feedbacks. I saw the lights in the eyes of the experienced crafters when they imagine the ability to try something of their own.

It appears a lot of the OMs had some knowledge about those little TRx, but it was mainly that they believed it was only a Chinese design/product. And as I said earlier, brushing the history around this project is not an easy task. But when they understood what is done here, the minimal interest they had on Yet Another Chinese Crap, changed radically. Same thing for the Open Design philosophy, most of the people just do not understand what it is, but love it when explained.

It was a very enlightening experience for us we are happy to report to the community. So, thanks again for everyone contributing to this great adventure, obviously it’s only the beginning.

Best regards,

François
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: OVI-40 exhibits in local FieldDay <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!