logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. April 2024, 10:06:21

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Wiki error?? <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Wiki error??  (Read 1410 times)
sm0nor
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Wiki error??
« on: 17. March 2018, 20:15:03 »

Should it be "upgrade" here? Right?
 SkArmklipp1.PNG

df9ts
positron
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Re:Wiki error??
« Reply #1 on: 17. March 2018, 21:18:47 »

Nice that you make progress.

As Andreas said the Wiki pages exist in German, English and French.

It seems you translated the German page to English with Googletranslate. As you showed this leads to some unclarity.

Please have a look at the English page here:
https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/wiki/doku.php?id=en:uhsdr:uhsdrfw

BR

Gerd.
sm0nor
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17. March 2018, 23:03:03 »

Ok... its clearer!
sm0nor
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18. March 2018, 16:59:21 »

I'm still not convinced here. If I chose firmware with the red circled button I can only use the upGRADE button. upLOAD, mentioned in the text is grayed out.
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18. March 2018, 20:02:10 »

Hi,

part of the problem is the existence of several wikis with overlapping content.  There is a proven first time bootloader installation instruction in the UHSDR wiki. I recommend to use this one: https://github.com/df8oe/UHSDR/wiki/Bootloader-Installation

And for the authors of the OVI40 wiki: I know, the goal is to have a multilanguage, something not in the scope of the UHSDR wiki in github. But please, try to look at the content in the github wiki and verify there is no contradicing information at least at the point of writing. I am not saying the github wiki is always right. It could also help to link to equivalent topics, makes looking for other sources of information easier.

That being said, I personally will not add or correct content in the OVI40 wiki if the content would fit (better) into the UHSDR github wiki. It is difficult enough to have the information kept up-to-date in a single language in a single place.

« Last Edit: 18. March 2018, 20:02:57 by DB4PLE » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Wiki error?? <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!