logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
27. April 2024, 02:01:09

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Intermodulation V0.7 <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Intermodulation V0.7  (Read 1082 times)
funky
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Intermodulation V0.7
« on: 19. April 2021, 15:38:54 »

Hi,

I have a mcHF V0.7 and I would like to reduce the in-band intermodulation products. For this I have already implemented the potato-mod. This mod improved the IMD of about 3-5 dB.

However, I can still see strong intermodulation products. E.g.
3.6 MHz: -17 dB
14.2 MHz: -25 dB
28.5MHz: -25 dB
(I will upload some screen shots after this post)

Are there any other mods for V0.7 which will help to reduce the IMD?

Many thanks in advance!

Michael

PS:
PA bias is set properly and IQ calibration has been verified with the spectrum analyzer.

« Last Edit: 19. April 2021, 15:44:28 by funky » Logged
funky
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Re:Intermodulation V0.7
« Reply #1 on: 19. April 2021, 15:39:36 »

10m
 PNG9.png

funky
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19. April 2021, 15:40:09 »

20m
 PNG8.png

funky
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19. April 2021, 15:40:39 »

80m
 PNG10.png

satoryboy
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #4 on: 24. April 2021, 08:36:33 »

It is worth trying to reduce the bias at the inputs-outputs of the TX mixer switch to 1.65 V. This will dramatically increase the linearity of the switches. Read the attached article. It is also worth reducing the offset of the bandpass filter switches. You can also increase the quiescent current of the transistors in the PA driver, select a pair for it according to the gain. In the final stage, if possible, there should be a pair selected for the cutoff voltage and the slope of the characteristic. The quiescent current of the mosfets is adjusted according to the minimum level of the third harmonic of the signal, most conveniently in the 18 MHz range, the low-pass filter does not filter the harmonic so much. If you conduct experiments, please report the results, it is very interesting. I do not have professional measuring equipment yet. It would be great if someone could measure the clogging dynamic range (ARRL method, 14 MHz, 500 Hz bandwidth, spacing 2, 20, 48 kHz) of several instances of mcHF.

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/csRgBBzr8XatlQ
« Last Edit: 24. April 2021, 08:37:34 by satoryboy » Logged
SP3OSJ

« Reply #5 on: 24. April 2021, 09:31:42 »

You need to adjust the transmission path well.

Artur
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Intermodulation V0.7 <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!