logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
23. April 2024, 11:06:14

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: neues Noise Reduction - Feedback <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: neues Noise Reduction - Feedback  (Read 9606 times)
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
Re:neues Noise Reduction - Feedback
« Reply #75 on: 18. January 2018, 11:50:41 »

Not so good news about the Devel2... 
I installed this on the standard mcHF hardware and adjusted all the parameters as described to their default values.
Result: That way its not usable.
These periodic scratching noises described in the threads before even got worser to such a high level that the NR function is not usable.

I made some further tests. With mode "Devel 1" its the same result als with Devel 2.
If you set the mode to "Release" the scratching noise is much lesser and sometimes temporarily dissapears shortly.
If you change bands it comes back. The overall level is much lower as in the Devel modes.
Very interesting is the fact that 80 meters is somehow not affected. I could not reproduce the scratching noise there neither in the Devel modes nor in Release mode.
All other bands are affected with the same noise level.

I also tested the same behaviour in Scope light mode and there the scratchy noise has twice the level..its worser and definitely not usable.
All is gone if you switch off DSP of course.

And...only the mcHF hardware is affected by this. On the UHSDR I40 UI hardware it is not reproducable in whatever mode you choose.

You can hear the result in the attached video. Rename it to .zip, unzip it and watch the .avi.

Devel2zip.txt
« Last Edit: 18. January 2018, 12:00:55 by peter_77 »
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 18. January 2018, 12:02:23 »

I am absolutely happy with "Devel2". I do have activated it continuously at my development OVI40 and it works absolutely great. Very good noise suppression and very low artefacts. I do have very "musical ears" and artefacts are hurting my brain - but the artefacts that are produced by Devel2 are absolutley ok 

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 18. January 2018, 12:17:00 »

As i said...its classic mcHF hardware only and NOT the I40 hardware !
I maybe have to add the fact that i tested it only on SPI mode mcHFs and not on parallel ones. I dont have any parallel mode mcHF at hand for testing.
On I40 UI hardware it did not happen or is reproducable there in any mode. Everything is fine there with the NR.

« Last Edit: 18. January 2018, 12:18:41 by peter_77 » Logged
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 18. January 2018, 12:29:18 »

OK - it seems to be related to mcHF *AND* SPI mode LCD...

I cannot tell anything about that working conditions - so any other reports are welcome!

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DL2FW
positron
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 22. January 2018, 19:47:26 »

I also run the old mchf only in parallel mode and don`t hear any of those effects...
I will work on the code within the next days, doing some speed and memory optimizations.
Maybe this has an influence on the effects but I`m not quiet sure about that.
I will also measure the current processor load taken by the devel2 algorithm - didn`t check that recently...

Regards

Michael
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
neues Noise Reduction - Feedback 2.7.85
« Reply #80 on: 02. February 2018, 17:14:22 »

Testbedingungen:
OVI40-UI
3.5" LCD
OVI40-RF

Ich habe heute die neue NR mal etwas intensiver auf Her(t)z und Nieren geprüft. Und ich muss sagen: ich bin mehr als begeistert. Im Prinzip hat unser UHSDR jetzt einen eingebauten "Sprachextraktor". Wenn man Videos auf Youtube von "Lingua" anschaut und anhört kann man feststellen, dass die auch nicht wesentlich anders klingt - und das ist schon beeindruckend.

Ich habe mehrfach QSOs eingestellt, wo einer der Partner im Prinzip mitten im Rauschen lag und ich trotz Anstrengung nichts lesen konnte. Aber mit NR an und etwas Anstrengung konnte ich dem Durchgang komplett folgen!

Feedback an die beiden DSP-Spezialisten: Daumen hoch - großes Lob von meiner Seite!

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 02. February 2018, 17:16:08 by DF8OE » Logged

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: neues Noise Reduction - Feedback <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!