logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
24. April 2024, 21:40:12

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: UHSDR further updates? <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: UHSDR further updates?  (Read 1771 times)
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
UHSDR further updates?
« on: 05. November 2023, 09:45:51 »

Dear all

It's more than 2 years since the latest UHSDR update. But firstly, please apologise me for opening this issues if there is any kind of sesnsitivity arround it. It is also true that I have no programming skills in order to personnaly contribute to the matter. So, if I may, I have a few questions and a proposal:

• I use OVI UI a lot and it is really user friendly (except for the shifted menu). But it is there still an intent to go beyond 24 kHz of band-scope?
  • What is the purspose of having two WM8731 codecs? If one of the is not in use (which one) than I will desolder it and use it in another project (since this item became obsolete and no longer provided).
  • With almost daily use of the transceiver I am still very much annoyed with the touch screen menu item being shifted away from the actual buttons positions. Here is the proposal (please also check the photo). Why don't you move V-meter from bottom-right to bottom-left corner and shift the menu items to the right?

I thank you in advance for any possible answer.

Kind regards

Janez, S58J
 20231105_101700.jpg

DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:UHSDR further updates?
« Reply #1 on: 06. November 2023, 07:24:31 »

Both audio codecs are in use so you cannot desolder one without loss of functionality. Of course there are features wihich can be realized - but the bottleneck is the rf principle. I am working on DDC/DUC (which was the last work of the team wich is already realized - see branch directsampling-dev) which would (and will) be a big step which would give motivation to start again.

There is nobody working on UHSDR since two years. I do have other projects (and I am struggling ith semiconductor availibility since 2020) and there are no major issues with the last release. Why the other contributors have vanished I do not know.

This is an Open Source project with the layout to allow other coders to start and contribute very fast - it uses GitHub. It is no "one-man-show" with code which will vanish to oblivion if the coder looses his interest. There is no commercial intention and it also open for coders to leave the project. Also it is open for new coders to enter it. It is living from contribution. But at the moment there are simply no contributors. I see this phenomen widely in my surrounding: more and more are only consumers, less and less are spending time for projects - not only for UHSDR.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DL8EBD
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06. November 2023, 07:34:18 »

It also seems that we are oversaturated.
The China man offers ready-made devices that more or less work.
So why solder or program something yourself? 

bitte keine technische Fragen oder Diskussionen via PN, dafür ist das Forum da.
vy73
Thomas
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 06. November 2023, 09:40:07 »

You can get things better if you DIY. But you have to invest time, knowledge and motivation. Such a big project as UHSDR is best to handle in a team. Ideas and power of a team are multiple than of a one-man-show. But the more time steps further the more impossible it seems to find new members for such teams.

There are thousands who would help, but they do not have the skill to contribute. The problematic combination is skills and time and willing to contribute...

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DL8EBD
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06. November 2023, 10:07:41 »

Quote from: DF8OE on 06. November 2023, 09:40:07
The problematic combination is skills and time and willing to contribute...

full ack, Andreas!

vy73
Thomas
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 07. November 2023, 09:22:58 »

Hi all,
just to put here a sign of life - I'm still onboard 
Reading occasionally posts. So far no luck finding time for hobby, some hard events in close family last months but I'm still with warm thoughts about UHSDR. Hope winter will give some time to reenter the project again.

Cheers - Slawek SP9BSL

73 Slawek
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 07. November 2023, 09:46:34 »

Hi Slawek,

I am happy to read something from you! Glad that you stay to the project. And yes: it is hobby.

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
DL8EBD
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07. November 2023, 10:29:23 »

Hello Sławek, nice to read something from you again.
I'm sorry about your family problems. Wish you strong nerves - better times will come again.
Best regards to Poland

vy73
Thomas
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: UHSDR further updates? <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!