logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
28. March 2024, 21:08:54

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: SI5351 and OVI40 <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: SI5351 and OVI40  (Read 1448 times)
Co
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
SI5351 and OVI40
« on: 04. January 2021, 15:33:50 »

Hello to all,

I have a spare populated OVI40 ui-board for which I made frontend with a 'potato' mixer and a SI5351 oscillator  with 2 outputs and 90 degr. phase shift. Presently the SI5351 is controlled with a teensy. 
The IQ output is fed  to OVI40 ui-board. It works quite well.
Question: How do I activate the SI5351 routines available in the OVI40 software? recompile? 

Kind regards and a prosperous (and above all a healthy) 2021.

Co
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:SI5351 and OVI40
« Reply #1 on: 04. January 2021, 16:08:33 »

Hi Co,

SI5351 is autodetected - no recompilation neccessary. But you need additional parts (divider by 4) if you want to work on lower bands starting from 160m. SI5351 is not able to produce quadrature output at frequencies below ~2,5MHz...

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
Co
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05. January 2021, 15:37:58 »

Hello Andreas,

Tnx for your response. Unfortunately I am using a 25 Mhz xtal for the SI5351. So it will have to wait until the 27 Mhz xtal arrives.

Kind regrds

Co
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 05. January 2021, 16:35:39 »

Yes - 27MHz is mandatory...

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
Co
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17. January 2021, 15:34:37 »

Hello Andreas,

In the mean time installed a 27Mhz xtal. All works nicely . The vfo covers even 50 and 70 Mhz.  The SI5351 is however in need of calibration. On 3.5 Mhz the deviation is approx. 100 Hz. Is the calibration option, as per the configuration menu,  also implemented for the SI5351 ?

Kind regards

Co
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 17. January 2021, 18:12:32 »

It does not matter what oscillator is in use. Calibration is a facor which is thrown on the frequency that sohuld be tuned.

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
Co
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17. January 2021, 19:09:12 »

Andreas,

That is clear. The reference correction is applied when the PLL frequency is being  calculated which  is performed next to the calculation of the multisynth divider  values. In this calculation (specifically the PLL) the 27 Mhz crystal comes into play. So eventual deviation of the xtal from 27 Mhz. should be corrected by a fixed value.
For the SI570 this is done via the callibration (debug settings). Does this apply also to the SI5351 ?

Regards

Co 
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17. January 2021, 19:23:00 »

Hi,

follow the procedure outline here to calibrate:

https://github.com/df8oe/UHSDR/wiki/Adjustment-and-Configuration-Manual#frequency-calibration

The frequency calibration works, as Andreas wrote, regardless of oscillator used.

The relevant entry is not in the debug menu,  but in the config menu, though.

BTW, I have no clue what debug menu entry you are referring to.

Danilo
Co
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18. January 2021, 12:36:47 »

Hi Danilo, Andreas,

You were quite right. The callibration as per the configuration menu works excellent and works for both SI570 and SI5351. I referred to a method often used for the SI5351 i.e. correcting the deviation of the reference xtal. 

Kind regards

Co
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: SI5351 and OVI40 <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!