logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
18. April 2024, 03:53:58

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Lapwing support of UHSDR <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Lapwing support of UHSDR  (Read 8314 times)
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:Baubericht: UI mit 480MHz STM32H743ZIT6U
« Reply #15 on: 22. October 2019, 05:20:36 »

Es ist nicht notwendig irgendwas an der Leistungsreduzierung zu schrauben. Man muss nur ein "neues Band" definieren mit dem Frequenzbereich den man braucht - und schon sendet man nicht mehr "außerhalb der Bänder" und die Leistung wird nicht reduziert...

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23. October 2019, 11:06:13 »

Hallo Thomas,

ein neues Band muss nicht definiert werden. Es muss "lediglich" die PA Configuration mchf_pa  in radio_management.c auf den 23cm Bereich geändert werden und die Oscillator-Fähigkeiten müssen auch auf 23cm angepasst werden.
Das bereits definierte 23cm Band wird dann aktiv sein (alle anderen Bänder nicht), denn die UHSDR Firmware errechnet aus den Fähigkeiten des Oscillators (RX Frequenzen) und der PA (TX Frequenzen) die als HAM Radio Bänder verfügbaren Bänder.

Und es muss der Oscillatorcode angepasst werden, der die dann im GHz Bereich liegenden Frequenzen auf den LO umsetzt. Das ist aber auch recht einfach machbar, den es wird ja wohl eine Formel geben mit der die TX/RX Frequenz 23cm zu LO Frequenz Si570 umgerechnet wird.

Das wars dann eigentlich auch schon.

Danilo
« Last Edit: 23. October 2019, 11:06:24 by DB4PLE » Logged
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 24. October 2019, 11:50:29 »

Hi,
for FM work the translation is a must, it's simply the way the math in IQ modulation works.

When everyting will work as expected I'll prepare separate branch in my repo to show the few changes I made. Then anyone who can compile the code can rebase it to current version and prepare the bin. This is only for Lapwing, the OSCAR100 support is not possible at this moment because it needs redefinition of frequency variables to 64 bit (currently with 32 bit we can only go to ~4GHz with display). This is a lot of work and I have no time for that now. Artur proposed other idea with showing only the 10 at the place of GHz digits - it is possible of course and one may add this, not a big deal. It seems that there is enough room for one more digit.

For sure we will not add these changes to the main repo because this will introduce the mess with the hardware we have today unless someone show how to do it safely. We propose to share the separate bin for Lapwing trx elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 24. October 2019, 11:55:06 by SP9BSL » Logged

73 Slawek
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24. October 2019, 13:11:20 »

Hi,

Quote from: SP3OSJ on 24. October 2019, 11:22:55
Hi all,

for me, the most important is unlocking the transmitter on 23cm (Full/5/2/1/0.5W)
Slawek has already done such firmware, for which I thank you.
I'm testing it now

The smaller problem is that I use the real frequency LCD = freqwency SI570 (not feqency LCD =  freqency SI570x4)
The (+-) 6kHz shift makes the (+-) 18kHz shift.
The (+-) 12kHz shift makes the (+-) 36kHz shift.

I understand this now: For TX we are switching to a different frequency as we are transmitting at center frequency but receive at an offset. Same applies to CW btw, we also transmit at center frequency.

But this can be easily fixed in software, not a big deal. I suggest the necessary location for code change already to Slawek.
The oscillator code needs to be driven by the true Ghz frequencies and it will translate it to the Si570 frequencies.

Once that is done, 6khz shift will be 6 khz shift, no need for other changes in the code.

Danilo

DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 24. October 2019, 17:19:30 »

This is because of the different Lo/Rx - Freq relationship. Your hardware must be integrated properly so that translation is as it is choosen. I do not have nothing against integration of your hardware support to the main branch - if you publish a schematics so that it is "Open Source". Maybe the full support last some time - but actually software development is calm (waiting for the new RF boards). I am nearly sure development speed will raise again if RF boards are available and that can be the point to discuss how an integration can be realized. For this moment you can hope someone compiles you a "personal edition"

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 24. October 2019, 17:20:40 »

This is caused by frequency calculation in touchscreen function, probably transverter offset not added to freq calculation. AFAIK users not frequently uses transverter mode due to mcHF mixer issues. Make "to do" list and me or other correct this in spare time.

@Andreas: yes, this can be of course, first we need to define structure for RF hardware of our boards. I'm sure, this will happen quite soon
« Last Edit: 24. October 2019, 17:23:49 by SP9BSL » Logged

73 Slawek
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24. October 2019, 20:58:04 »

Hi,

out of curiosity I did also an attempt to add LAPWING support to the UHSDR firmware, following my own recommendations I posted here.

Looking at the current amount of changes, I don't see why we could not integrate this into the normal build.

See here: https://github.com/db4ple/UHSDR/commit/14367aadc05a77fce8f1dd84694c4629feb86f47

A couple of things could be a little bit more refined, such as the frequency display (we should leave less space around the dot separating the 3 digit groups). But this would also be a benefit for the non-Lapwing builds.

Most notably the calculation of the Si570 frequency from the dial frequency (Si570_translateExt2Osc) in osc_si570.c is not correct, but Artur should be able to provide the correct formula. Once this is done, it should more or less work OOB.
Of course one has to disable all transverter settings, as this is a native 23cm configuration. It is also necessary to set the PA calibration value for 23cm @ 5W and FULL.

Danilo
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25. October 2019, 06:13:37 »

Hi Artur,

that is in fact the formula I already used.

@DF8OE: Shouldn't we separate this discussion from the original Baubericht?

Danilo
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Lapwing support of UHSDR <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!