logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. March 2024, 05:11:02

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: STM32H7 series revision: Beware of the changes! <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: STM32H7 series revision: Beware of the changes!  (Read 11538 times)
SP3OSJ

Re:STM32H7 series revision: Beware of the changes!
« Reply #30 on: 13. September 2019, 17:39:23 »

Yes
I wanted to show how much power is in this small processor when the program is optimized well.
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 13. September 2019, 18:57:17 »

Where is the anti aliasing filter which is included in WM? I am sure it works - but I am sure it cannot perform (signal quality) like F7/H7 with better filter coefficients (more taps). I think it is designed for "very inexpensive production" with "impressive optics". But if you compare rf signal quality with mcHF design I think mcHF design will win.

EDIT:
And - of course - it is NOT DUC/DDC. It is "mixing concept". A/D converter of STM has a maximum sample rate of ~1.5MHz (I am not sure and do not want to dig into the datasheet now but I remember it was below 2.5MHz)

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 13. September 2019, 18:59:57 by DF8OE » Logged

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 13. September 2019, 20:30:22 »

Quote from: SP3OSJ on 13. September 2019, 17:39:23
Yes
I wanted to show how much power is in this small processor when the program is optimized well.

with this statement you suggest the we should step back and stay with F4? Or the UHSDR is not properly optimized? Believe me or not it is at the best level we can... Anyway, it's your choice to use the UHSDR or not. Beside the intention of suggestion is positive or not, DDC/DUC is a concept where is NO local oscillator!

@Andreas: 2MSPS for one ADC, ~4MSPS for two and 6MSPS for 3 in interleaved mode. But all then stucks at the 12 bit resolution and ADC dynamic... I've tried high bin count FFT (large processing gain) and the high input noise causes that the MDS is at the level of ~-70dBFS.
« Last Edit: 13. September 2019, 21:18:34 by SP9BSL » Logged

73 Slawek
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: STM32H7 series revision: Beware of the changes! <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!