logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
20. April 2024, 02:34:46

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: FreeDV frequency RX/TX <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: FreeDV frequency RX/TX  (Read 1489 times)
SP3OSJ

FreeDV frequency RX/TX
« on: 22. September 2018, 16:42:09 »

Hi
« Last Edit: 29. June 2022, 21:06:00 by SP3OSJ » Logged
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
Re:FreeDV frequency RX/TX
« Reply #1 on: 22. September 2018, 18:00:12 »

Hi Artur,

Frequency does not change DURING transmission, it transmits obviously on the wrong frequency when using FreeDV.
Nevertheless, this should not happen. Which firmware version have you been using? And the displayed frequency is strange, do you have configured transverter settings? If so, please try without transverter settings active. If not, then where do these settings come from?

Danilo

DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 23. September 2018, 07:50:28 »

I have just verified on 40m: freeDV TX and RX frequencies are working as expected. This must be related to transverter settings. I never have had used these settings and cannot tell if they are working or not.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23. September 2018, 10:46:55 »

Quote:
And the displayed frequency is strange, do you have configured transverter settings?
Guess he is using his own 23cm RF frontend with the UI Board:
https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=1094;start=15
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23. September 2018, 13:46:46 »

Hi Artur,

well, since it works for us, without full information about your setup and the steps how to reproduce the issue on a stock (!) OVI40 or mcHF you are out of luck most likely. Please provide complete information about your setup (hardware and software) and we may be able to help. At least I won't touch this issue at all before more information is provided.

Danilo

DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23. September 2018, 19:25:50 »

Hi Artur,
you still did not tell us which firmware you are using and hardware you are using.

I already checked, and the transverter settings just change the displayed frequency value, these are not used in the actual tuning of the oscillator. So there is no influence here.
However, FreeDV does ZeroIF transmits (i.e. it does not do a frequency shift of -6 khz during TX as it does during RX. Which means, it changes the tuning of the Si570 by 6khz compared to the RX Si570 frequency in order to transmit at the same spot it receives.

So if you use your own hardware (which you are obviously using, which is not a problem for me; however, what is a problem for me is that you do this without telling us rightaway and, frankly said,  wasting our time by this) does some kind of multiplication of the Si570 output frequency, well, that's it. Your transmission will be offset by (Multiplier-1)x xlate_frequency. You can do the math on your own.

Danilo
« Last Edit: 23. September 2018, 19:26:36 by DB4PLE » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: FreeDV frequency RX/TX <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!