logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
25. April 2024, 20:51:36

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Rx IQ auto correction problem <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Rx IQ auto correction problem  (Read 1674 times)
F4HTX
schon länger dabei

Scotty, energize...

View Profile
Rx IQ auto correction problem
« on: 01. July 2018, 09:34:54 »

Dear Friends,

I noticed for some times that I was able to listen to strong ghost images of any signal, on any bands.

I didn't pay much attention, and think about some transmod problem, and as I was overhelmed by pro for the past months, I didn't investigate further. But as it puzzles me, I took time to pinpoint the problem.

Finally, I got the same behaviour on two mchf and one OVI-40/mchfRF : the Rx IQ auto correction menu just doesn't work anymore.

After a dichotomic downgrade the problem seems to emerge in the 2.9.10. The Rx IQ auto correction works in 2.9.9, not anymore in the following releases.

Did I missed something or am I the only one to experience this ?

Best regards,

François

DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:Rx IQ auto correction problem
« Reply #1 on: 01. July 2018, 10:02:29 »

Hi François,

I just tested and cannot confirm. Both RX IQ auto correction and manual correction are working fine at my mcHFs and OVI40 (D2.9.42).

Please try with clean settings (default) and test again. Maybe something is misconfigured.

If so please do NOT save the new working settings but first export the old settings via USB to PC. I know that there are some bugs buried where "out-of-bounds"-settings are not correctly handled when loading config. Normally all such settings must be eaten by routines which are testing each value if it is within valid range bur there are some problems...

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 01. July 2018, 10:03:07 by DF8OE » Logged

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
F4HTX
schon länger dabei

Scotty, energize...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01. July 2018, 16:49:32 »

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the tips and infos.

Unfortunately, I am unable to propose a reproductible sequence which lead to this Rx ghost. But strangely it appears on the two mchf working overhere, and also on the OVI-40-UI.

On one of the mchf (cpu #413h) I did multiple time the following and wasn’t able to re-activate the auto Rx IQ (manual didn’t work either)
- Loading Defaults (F1 F3 F5)
- erasing eeprom.

(On the OVI, load defaults an erase eeprom fixed the problem)

Wondering (still) about version, I re-downgraded to 2.9.10 and 2.9.9 but got different behaviour than my first email…

Upgrading again to 2.9.42, load defaults, erase eeprom and this time Rx IQ correction is working. Great. I will be paying attention to that in the next weeks to see if it’s stable.

In the process, I lost my config, so I’ll have to redo the commissioning, not a problem but I am sorry if the config file might have been useful to you.

I still have the second mchf to fix, I’ll be more careful with the config file.

Thanks again for helping, Best Regards,

François

DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 01. July 2018, 17:23:06 »

In some cases there is a "twinpeaks-problem" That is a result of am accidentially wrong working audio codec. This is no firmware bug - the audio codec never was designed to work in SDR radios  If this is present you fo not have any mirror suppression. Just goto "Touchscreen via menu" and activate "restart codec".

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  UHSDR Firmware (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Rx IQ auto correction problem <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!