logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
25. April 2024, 13:15:08

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: OVI40 UI - erste Preiskalkulationen / first price calculations <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: OVI40 UI - erste Preiskalkulationen / first price calculations  (Read 4908 times)
yo2ldk
Neuling

I love SDR & OVI40 !

View Profile WWW
Re:OVI40 UI - erste Preiskalkulationen / first price calculations
« Reply #15 on: 04. December 2017, 13:40:51 »

I have a proposal if you consider is good:

To avoid problems like mchf have it (out of stock),
where two or three guys buy so many boards to solder they,
and sell it after that like a complete transceiver, then others need to wait months
or is forced to buy from that "clever guys"; I think is fair (at least for beginning)
to sell just one kit for call-sign..

Vy 73,
de yo2ldk - Alex
    kn05WH
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 04. December 2017, 14:21:08 »

@Pete:

The next weeks development of RF PCB will be finished. Then alpha- and betatesting phases of PCBs (yes: there will be more than one because of its design is modular) will take place. After that two different konds of cases will be designed: one for portable use and one for stationary use. Our webpages and discussion group will keep you informed.

@Alex:
My way of distributing is other than the mentioned:

I will:
- first collect preorders
- if the minimum amount is reached I will order PCBs for exact the ones that have placed preorders
- manufacturing turnaround is about 3 weeks (it is here in Germany after 3 weeks!!)
- PCBs and kits will be delivered then, complete assembled PCBs can take 7...10 days longer.

So there is no possibility of "sold out" for a longer period. Time from placing a preorder to shipping from here depends only on the amount of preorders. If there are too low orders I must wait some days. We will see 

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DF5LI
alter Hase

Ich liebe meinen SParrow !

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04. December 2017, 14:38:49 »

Hi Pete!
Will the I40_ui-Board fit the chinese case?
The outer dimensions of the I40-ui are the same like the ui_V04 - V06 from Chris, BUT :
- the cutout for the Display is much larger  (could filed bigger)
- the positions of the tune encoder and the step- button have moved a little bit (no problem)
- there are 2 new elements on the ui-board (no problem with a little bit drilling)
- due to the bigger display cutout the F1 - F5 buttons have been moved downwards (that is the problem, the rubber buttons of the chinese case will not fit any longer)
- the 3,2" or the 3,5" display is a little bit thicker than the 2,8" display (perhaps manageable with direct soldering the display an the board -brrr)
On the attached picture i have put the chinese front cover over the I40_V1.7_ui board. I hope, you can see the problem with F1 - F5.
 IMG_0372.JPG

73,  Harri
WK8S
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #18 on: 04. December 2017, 15:46:18 »

Thank you for the information on the case.

I have been following the discussions and progress of the UI OVI40 board and realized the current Chinese case top cover would not fit the new 3.5" display nor any button re-positioning. That is why I asked the question.
It seems there is the possibility of a re-designed top cover to allow for the changes and to fit the existing Chinese case. However, that may not be productive depending on the OVI40 development roadmap.

It is hard to be patient but I will try.    In the meantime I may order the new UI board to play with my existing mcHF but without using the cover.

Thanks,

Pete WK8S
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: OVI40 UI - erste Preiskalkulationen / first price calculations <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!