logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. March 2024, 14:50:37

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Headers for mcHF RF - OVI40 UI - LCD PCB <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Headers for mcHF RF - OVI40 UI - LCD PCB  (Read 1905 times)
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Headers for mcHF RF - OVI40 UI - LCD PCB
« on: 14. October 2018, 21:54:29 »

Hi

I am about to do the final part by soldering headers to the 3 PCBs (mcHF rev 0.6 RF, OVI40 UI, OVI LCD). To be honest I am not absolutely sure which goes where, since I have read some contradicting posts. The way I understand I should do the following:

mcHF rev. 0.6 RF 30 pin header: female header - typical size

OVI40 UI 30 pin JP1 header: male header - normal or extended length?

OVI40 UI 2x17 LCD header: female header - what size (height)?

LCD PCB 2x17 J103 header: male header - I guess the shortest possbile?

Is the above writing correct? What header size (height) shall I use in particular PCBs? Do I need to modify headers when it comes to connecting UI in LCB boards? How to fix 3.5" LCD to PCB? How to support the other end of LCD PCB (the side without header)? If there are some photos that would help a lot.

In the future I might replace mcHF RF with OVI40 RF, if it will be possible to attach just the RF board without the high power PA board, and the RF board will still produce QRP power (5W)  - to keep it short, that the project in terms of size stays somehow closer to the current mcHF size (portability). No offence, but for higher power the IC-7300 is a cheaper solution (plus more power), since I will not miss 2m band. So it is important that the headers SIZE which I will solder now to the OVI40 UI will fit to the future OVI RF board.

Looking forward to your reply.

Janez, W4/S58J

DL8EBD
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
Re:Headers for mcHF RF - OVI40 UI - LCD PCB
« Reply #1 on: 15. October 2018, 04:35:22 »

Janez, I hope this pictures help you a little bit

klick to enlage

male header on display board normal length in the moment...
maybe you have to remove the plastic later - bad to say without a final case.

male header - normal

« Last Edit: 15. October 2018, 04:43:27 by DL8EBD » Logged

bitte keine technische Fragen oder Diskussionen via PN, dafür ist das Forum da.
vy73
Thomas
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15. October 2018, 21:30:37 »

Thank you Thomas

Photos did a great job - no further explanation needed.

I have only one concern left: the male JP1 headers on the OVI40 UI. When I put UI board together with the mcHF RF 0.6 board there is almost no space left, especially if you want to add the metallic shield between the two boards. The reason lies in different components size on the OVI board. The problem is the most obvious where UI battery holder lies directly above RF board's LPF relays. This is why I am still struggling between the normal length and 19mm long male headers. Maybe I should start with the longer ones since it is easy to shorten them in the future - if needed?

73s

Janez, W4/S58J 
DL8EBD
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16. October 2018, 03:31:31 »

This I40 UI board in the picture was sitting on a mcHF RF.
There was no mechanical interference  or problem.

......But I had no shield between both boards.

bitte keine technische Fragen oder Diskussionen via PN, dafür ist das Forum da.
vy73
Thomas
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 16. October 2018, 04:16:20 »

...aditionally a shield does not improve interference - that is my observation. Interferences are based on magneric coupling - a copper shield does not change anything. I never have had shieldings meither on mcHF not on OVI40.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Headers for mcHF RF - OVI40 UI - LCD PCB <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!