logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
25. April 2024, 16:41:11

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: GERBERS from UI_OVI40 <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: GERBERS from UI_OVI40  (Read 7519 times)
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:GERBERS from UI_OVI40
« Reply #15 on: 12. July 2018, 17:34:43 »

Hi Artur,

now I have waited longer than a week for your reaction - but there wasn't any.

Do you want to publish your work? Not a problem - follow this license.

And of course we can be like brothers and contribute to a project - following these simple rules.

But this is not a request - it is recommended!

Please remove / rework the file whichcan be downloaded from the link you provided. It takes only 30 minutes (max) and everything would be ok. I will wait 1 week before I will react again. (This is send via PM, too).

Remember: I am the maintainer, but not the only person who has contributed to the project. Please be fair and accept the rules.

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 12. July 2018, 17:38:33 by DF8OE » Logged

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
SP3OSJ

« Reply #16 on: 12. July 2018, 18:22:10 »

How do you do Andreas.

I am very surprised.
I have changed it a long time ago!
and the link has not been unblocked .

Vy 73
Artur
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 12. July 2018, 19:23:51 »

Hi Artur,

thanks - I am very busy in working on OVI40 RF But all is ok. it takes time - and time is the only thing we cannot blow up.

I have checked the file 2 hours ago.

I cannot see any description file (.txt) which contains the license, the origin of the project and the origin of the downloaded file - what I recommend...

I have attached the screenshot of the archive.  Only gerbers, jpegs and  "special file" UI_filal.lay6. No text file...

Normally each Open Source download includes the following textfiles:

• readme.txt (cotains the origin, what is changed and by whom)
  • license.txt (license in textform)
  • install.txt / usage.txt (description what this is and how to use

Please - where are these files (or minimum one of them)? Is my download incorrect?

vy 73
Andreas
 Screenshot_20180712_211828.png
« Last Edit: 12. July 2018, 19:26:33 by DF8OE »

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<

SP3OSJ

« Reply #18 on: 12. July 2018, 19:33:32 »

Quote from: DF8OE on 12. July 2018, 17:34:43
Do you want to publish your work? Not a problem - follow this license.

vy 73
Andreas

You do it specifically to tease
is not it better to work on a new project?

« Last Edit: 12. July 2018, 19:36:03 by SP3OSJ » Logged
dl2eea
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe meine Frau!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12. July 2018, 20:47:29 »

We can download these files from the Polish forum without asking anyone.
SP3OSJ

« Reply #20 on: 13. July 2018, 05:37:32 »

I make all changes. Name my PCB is OVI41.
I did not know that it would be such a problem, especially since I wanted to do it for free. I prefer to devote my time to new products. I can not fix problems that can not be fixed.
Sorry!
 pcb.JPG

DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 13. July 2018, 07:02:44 »

Where are the small text files which describe

• origin
  • source of download
  • license (as link - better as text)

It doen't matter if you publish it "for free" or if you do have commercial interests. These rules are neccessary for "working together" in an Open World.

Not everyone is able to open gerber files - and much less can open Sprint Layout files. So it is mandatory to add these text files.
I by myself would add small textfile where I describe what I have changed  like the commit comments of GitHub. Of course you can write there "just a space" but for better understanding the commit comment must be as precise as it can be.

Hopefully many contributors for hardware will exit in the future. If this minimum informations are missing the result will be CHAOS/DISORDER.

The rules of CernOHL are valid not only in our discussion group. They are valid all over the world. They are valid for publishing at Polish sources, too.

And the most disappointing thing: I am missing Ham-Spirit and the understanding that this is mandatory...
Arguments like "I do not have time" are not acceptable. For example I have learnt much in working with KiCAD because it is mandatory to publish schematics (and additional functional descriptions) for everything I am working on. We will get much more contributors if it is easy to understand how it works - same as in firmware. Comments in code are highly appreciated. This time I needed for learning to do good schematics are ONE of 1000 reasons, why it is impossible to do such a complex development in a few weeks. Artur must not draw new schematics because of he does not change anything there (I think - but I am not able to confirm). He only has to add some text files which are written in less time than this posting has taken.

Disappointing 

EDIT:
Some times ago I forked a GitHub-Repo where some polish Hams started a project to reprogram radiosonde RS41 for usage in 70cm band. Because I do hunt sondes, too I found it interesting but there are some parts missing. GutHub shows the origin (where it is forked from) automatically. But the first thin I added was a license text (as the original author named the license - but forgot to ad the text) and created a readme, where neccessary informations for understanding the project can be found - you can compare origin and my fork if you want RS41HUP In the meantime Qyon accepted my pull request and now both repos have the same informations.

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 13. July 2018, 07:14:35 by DF8OE » Logged

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
DF5LI
alter Hase

Ich liebe meinen SParrow !

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13. July 2018, 11:35:25 »

Der arme Artur, dessen Arbeit ich sehr schätze, denn schliesslich habe ich schon seinen Eagle und seinen Sparrow nachgebaut, ist wohl der Meinung, dass er mit der Bezeichnung " OV I41 " ein genügendes Unterscheidungsmerkmal angegeben hat. Vielleicht sollte ihm jemand mal erklären, was die Bezeichnung OV I40 bedeutet und fragen, ob er einen neuen Ortsverein aufgemacht hat  .
Im übrigen hat er seine geclonte Platine auf der Basis der alten V1.7 Prototypen gemacht, das ist doch sowieso schon überholt....

73,  Harri
Noah_Anuk
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13. July 2018, 11:38:12 »

Andreas, this discussion is ridiculous. Some time ago you illegaly cloned Chris mcHF project without his consent and renamed it to ovi40!

Chris said explicitly for non commercial use only, some posts earlier you wrote: "... OVI40 will be another project where I *must* earn money."

For completeness please everyone read chris twitter post and think who you support:
https://twitter.com/M0NKA_/status/884702466637537282

Is it maybe possible that you, Andreas, are the pirate?

DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 13. July 2018, 12:34:11 »

Hi Artur, hi ,

I wrote: I am the owner of this server. I can see who is posting, who does register twice using different usernames and so on.

You are right: I do not have the time to discuss that with you (or your "mirror"). I have better things to do.

But now very clearly: I warn you what you are writing and what you are doing. The internet is not a room free of justice and law. And misusing this forum for making bad discussions will lead to deactivate BOTH users. For now I will kick off the mirror.

OVI40 design is completely different from mcHF. You only can take a look at UI-PCB at the moment but you see it uses different processor and other LCD, two audio codecs and much more differences. To call this a clone is stating of no-technical-knowledge.

I will close this bad thread now and hope there will be calm now. But in the interest of all contributors I will take care that license is respected.

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: GERBERS from UI_OVI40 <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!