logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
20. April 2024, 12:46:33

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: CPU hot and no connection to PC <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: CPU hot and no connection to PC  (Read 8211 times)
IK5WWP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Re:CPU hot and no connection to PC
« Reply #30 on: 03. March 2018, 15:50:56 »

Attempted to upload bootloader and firmware almost 10 times: DfuSe ok, but the display is still white.
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 03. March 2018, 16:54:52 »

OK - I was outside the house so you was "too fast"  The display you got was TESTED and WORKING FINE. I do not know what is the state after disassembling - hopefully the same...

White screen but LEDs are acting normal at firmware start is due to bas connections between MCU and LCD header.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03. March 2018, 17:53:54 »

Quote:
Attempted to upload bootloader and firmware almost 10 times: DfuSe ok, but the display is still white.
I had the same effect like DF5LI once.
For me the solution was the same. After loading both .dfu files (bootloader and firmware) with dFuse i flashed again only the bootloader a second time.
After that the board came up without any error.

If you have done all this, the only solution is to check all LCD connections from MCU to the LCD sockets with an ohm meter as Andreas wrote.
In case all that does not help you then need to check the LCD on a running board where an LCD runs fine.
Or...send it back to Andreas for a check
« Last Edit: 03. March 2018, 17:55:05 by peter_77 » Logged
IK5WWP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03. March 2018, 21:06:07 »

Quote from: DF8OE on 03. March 2018, 16:54:52
OK - I was outside the house so you was "too fast"  The display you got was TESTED and WORKING FINE. I do not know what is the state after disassembling - hopefully the same...

White screen but LEDs are acting normal at firmware start is due to bas connections between MCU and LCD header.

vy 73
Andreas

White screen and ABNORMAL acting of the leds: when connected with the pc, red and green leds are on during upload. Then I remove the jumper on p6, I remove the usb cable, I give +5V on pin 28 and no one led is on...

P.s: connections between LCD and MCU all checked ok
P.p.s: Now I'll go out to smoke a Toscano cigar, otherways I'll keep a big hammer to resolve the problems of the board definitely 
DF5LI
alter Hase

Ich liebe meinen SParrow !

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04. March 2018, 03:17:16 »

Hmm, smoking a cigar will help you to calm down...  But what the hell may be the problem?
A dumb question: it's an I40-ui-board? Do you use the right BL and FW? The fw-40SDR.dfu and the bl-40SDR.dfu ?  It's my last hope, but before you use the hammer...

73,  Harri
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 04. March 2018, 08:49:36 »

If no LED is coming up at startup with loaded bootloader and firmware I am nearly sure firmware is NOT loaded correctly (or you leave P6 set when testing).

Easiest wy to apply bootloader and firmware for the first time (!!!!):
1) Set P6 and flash bl-ovi40.dfu, after this (without touching anything else) load fw-ovi40.dfu to defuse-tool and flash it
2) remove power supply
3) remove P6
4) apply power supply and everything works

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DG2NPE
noch länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04. March 2018, 11:53:27 »

Hi all,

My problem was similar. I solved it taking an other computer (and an other usb stick). Downloaded bootloader + and firmware new, started dfu-tool, flashed bl--ovi40.dfu and than fw-ovi40.dfu.

Now it works! Problem, maybe, was the download with the wrong computer?
IK5WWP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04. March 2018, 12:24:49 »

Quote from: DF8OE on 04. March 2018, 08:49:36
If no LED is coming up at startup with loaded bootloader and firmware I am nearly sure firmware is NOT loaded correctly (or you leave P6 set when testing).

Easiest wy to apply bootloader and firmware for the first time (!!!!):
1) Set P6 and flash bl-ovi40.dfu, after this (without touching anything else) load fw-ovi40.dfu to defuse-tool and flash it
2) remove power supply
3) remove P6
4) apply power supply and everything works

vy 73
Andreas

Dowloaded again bootloader and firmware, followed step by step the above list of action (the same as yesterday) and no led come on at power up, only the white screen on lcd.  Tested even with lcd removed: no led come on.
As DF5LI said: "what the hell may be the problem?"
IK5WWP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04. March 2018, 12:27:30 »

Quote from: dg2npe on 04. March 2018, 11:53:27
Hi all,

My problem was similar. I solved it taking an other computer (and an other usb stick). Downloaded bootloader + and firmware new, started dfu-tool, flashed bl--ovi40.dfu and than fw-ovi40.dfu.

Now it works! Problem, maybe, was the download with the wrong computer?

The computer I use is working well with a MCHF, but I'll try with anoter pc for sure.
Thank you for your suggestion and thank to all who try to help me!
Lorenzo IK5WWP
DG2NPE
noch länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04. March 2018, 13:33:29 »

This problem ocurred only with ovi40 Firmware - not with a Mchf!

73 Peter, DG2NPE
IK5WWP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04. March 2018, 14:56:16 »

Repeated the entire procedure with another pc, but the reselt is the same.
The pc and the the windows device manager see immediately the STM device in DFU Mode connected on the  USB controller.
The software upload the bootloader and the firmware succesfully, but, after removed jumper on P6 and usb cable and given power supply, nothing happen: the screen is white and all leds are off.

UPDATE!! ONLY A TIME, I REPEAT, ONLY A TIME I'VE SEEN THE DARK SCREEN WITH THE MESSAGE OVI40 AND THE VERSION OF THE FIRMWARE. GREEN AND RED LEDS ON, STUCK ON THAT STATUS.
Then removed and regiven power and again the white screen...
Sorry for the uppercase...
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 04. March 2018, 15:25:21 »

Hi Lorenzo,

seeing the message means the MCU is not dead and not completely wrong soldered.#

Please be calm. Do nothing unexpected 

Do you have supplied a 3V battery for RTC?

Please take a look at the Vcc voltage using a scope.

Is it stable?

I am very sorry that I cannot take a look "over the distance". I am nearly sure you are just one step away from success - but in what direction ??

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
IK5WWP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04. March 2018, 15:41:27 »

It's alive!!
 DSC_0807.JPG

IK5WWP
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04. March 2018, 15:43:31 »

Not very reliable, but alive. I believe same soldering of MCU pins not good. I'll take a better look after...
 DSC_081001.jpg
« Last Edit: 04. March 2018, 15:44:06 by IK5WWP »

Co
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04. March 2018, 15:46:36 »

I have (had?) a similar problem on my older V1.7 board. Sometimes white screen or flimmering of the backlight. I have not fully located the problem. However slightly re-adjusting  the LCD in the header solves  the problem until it reappears then  again readjusting the LCD will solve it. In my case when it appears I can still dim the backlight.
So when it happens, power down, readjust LCD carefully, power up , keep fingers crossed.
It is typically a bad contact most probably in the header or a contact under the header. I am still investigating but so far unsuccessful.

regards

Co

Co
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  OVI40 SDR Projekt (English AND German discussions around OVI40 SDR project) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: CPU hot and no connection to PC <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!