logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
28. March 2024, 14:15:44

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: E/S Umschaltzeit bei CW und digital_mod <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: E/S Umschaltzeit bei CW und digital_mod  (Read 1408 times)
S53DZ
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile WWW E-Mail
E/S Umschaltzeit bei CW und digital_mod
« on: 17. August 2017, 10:52:17 »

Hi there,

There is always a question: Should I change mcHF T/R switch pin diodes and use a relay instead or not? I did it, however .....

I have checked, the used PIN diodes MA4P7102 are designed for 200V rev. voltage.

1. T/R with PIN diodes as from M0NKA:
- the D3 diode starts to conduct with the positive peak of a TX signal at a power of 1/4 W
- the Rx/Tx delay is --> 0ms
- the complete Rx is well protected by conducting D4

2. T/R with a relay
- great isolation
- low I.L.
- but larger delay at switch over (not defined and possible bouncing)

As Andreas some time ago already said, to keep the D3 reverse polarized, we would need much higher reverse voltage than +5V.

U_rev    P_threshold
(V)      (W)
-------------------------
+5      0.25
+12    1.4
+30    9
+48    23

The table is valid for a sin wave signal.

So, for those of you who would want to have a full-break-in functionality or a zero time delay from receive to transmit, there is a challenge to try to add a DC/DC up-converter (well shielded, of course) and then measure the eventual TX signal degradation.

I have not tested that but is should work to improve the T/R switch behavior at TX. DC/DC in attachment is only as an example from the web.

73 Bojan
 5-V-to-30-V-converter-scheme.jpg
« Last Edit: 17. August 2017, 11:02:28 by S53DZ »

DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
Re:E/S Umschaltzeit bei CW und digital_mod
« Reply #1 on: 17. August 2017, 11:07:13 »

Hi,

just to give some additional input:

G6K-2F-Y data sheet: Release/Close time: 3 ms max.

Durability
Mechnical: 50,000,000 operations min. (at 36,000 operations/hour)
Electrical: 100,000 operations min. (with a rated load at 1,800 operations/hour) Rated current is 2A @ 50 Ohm -> 200VPP -> 100WPEP

So even in worst case we can expect quite a lot of life from a relais and 5ms (3ms + safety margin are not too bad). I think we have more latency in the software than that 5ms. This does not say, pin diodes are not interesting, it just says, we can do a lot in software probably to get closer to an almost full break-in even with a relay.

Danilo

DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 17. August 2017, 11:07:30 »

Hi Bojan,

you have 100% and well understandable described the problematic which causes signal distortions if you use PIN diodes and do apply only 4V (the 5V are not reached under working conditions). Because of an external voltage multiplier again produces RF and is much more difficult to implement as a simple relay I have proposed the "relay solution".

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
S53DZ
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 17. August 2017, 12:00:20 »

Hi,

Let me say I am not advertising any of the two solutions, as I said, I am currently using a relay and it works fine for me. But this is only because I left the full-bk mode some 40 years ago, when I constructed it myself, hi.

I am just trying to make some facts here and be open to differences between the two options.

With the G6K data it should be added also the temperature factor. And the fact maybe that also with flash RAM write cycles we all are a bit conservative at using them ...

Additional to the table: I on purpose did not count the diode forward voltage where it fully conducts. So, that balances then out.

And thanks to both of you for considering it.

73 Bojan
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18. August 2017, 05:52:35 »

Hi Bojan, Andreas,

I think this topic is a highly and regularily debated topic. Why not put the facts (and some discussion based on them) in the Github-Wiki?
This way we can conserve the discussion a little better and easier to find. Compared to the forum we can keep the page much more condensed compare to more or less lengthy debates in Yahoo, OV I40 Forum or elsewhere. I think we are not in any kind of disagreement here when it comes to the two options and their pros and cons.

Danilo

S53DZ
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #5 on: 18. August 2017, 10:31:44 »

Well, this is a great idea, but in this case one should add some measurements data to it. To my understanding it can be quite a difference across the bands since the change of impedance influences the behavior great deal. For example, take just this brief calculation:

U_rev    P_threshold  Ptreshold
(V)      (W) at 50 ohm  (W) at 20 ohm
----------------------------------------------
+5      0.25                  0.6
+12    1.4                    3.6
+30    9                        22.5
+48    23                      58

73 Bojan
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 18. August 2017, 11:09:45 »

Hi Bojan,

a WIKI lives form the contents all of us will put in it. So there is no need to create a complete page already containing all possible and neccessary tables / diagrams etc. Start with an idea and put some contents to the page. Others can (and will!!) add their measurements, schematics etc. We can learn from this, can correct rhings which are wrong etc. And we all can better discuss if there is something we can discuss about and discussions about things which are not possible will get rare - because of the reasons are already on the WIKI page....

So, please be kind, start a WIKI page about relay and diode switching @ GitHub...

EDIT:
For creating "nice" pages there are two possibilities:
1) RTFM. The way for getting bold, small, large characters, tables, lists etc. is documented.
2) If you want to start and not read manuals you can take a look at an already existing WIKI page which contains what you do want to add to your page. Switch to "edit mode" of this page and then you can see the syntax which will lead to your wanted part... Leave edit mode without saving and so you can "steal from the best" (the BEST way to learn...)

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 18. August 2017, 11:13:32 by DF8OE » Logged

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
S53DZ
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile WWW E-Mail
« Reply #7 on: 23. August 2017, 07:10:12 »

Danilo, Andreas,

ich habe unter "Known Issues" ein paar Sätze eingefügt.
(Obwohl ich das nicht ausprobiert habe. )

73 Bojan
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 23. August 2017, 07:50:10 »

Hallo Bojan,

sehr schön! Genau so haben wir uns das vorgestellt 

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: E/S Umschaltzeit bei CW und digital_mod <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!