logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. March 2024, 07:29:05

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: SSB frequency translation. <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: SSB frequency translation.  (Read 2684 times)
DL2JML
Neuling

View Profile
Re:SSB frequency translation.
« Reply #15 on: 09. June 2021, 11:12:45 »

@satoryboy
I did not say your zip if full of viruses, I said that am not going to click on an unknown zip. At least, not without some explanations as to what may be within.

The explanations I would have liked to have is that the zip contains a description of the amber project, a mcHF look-alike with (hopefully) better RF design. Or you could have pointed to your github account here: https://github.com/satoryboy

Anyway: sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for the info about the amber project. I may come back to it if I am not satisfied by the mcHF. But for the moment, I will try to operate the TX I just built...
DL2JML
Neuling

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09. June 2021, 11:17:37 »

@DF8OE

You posted:
Quote:
The amplitude of the spike is not correspondent to the TX power. I think you should test on 10m because the spike is there very powerful.
switch TX power to 5W
step to PA menu
activate "reduce level on high bands"
reduce 5W PWR adjust to minimum (3)
exit PA menu
now switch TX power to 0.5W
Use this configuration to take a look at the spike.

If I understand correctly, you are suggesting that I redo the measurement by lowering the transmitted signal to the lowest possible level?
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 09. June 2021, 11:21:26 »

Yes. The reason is that the spike amplitude does not depend on output level. If you check in SSB it is not problematic because of your output signal is nearly ZERO if you TX without injecting AF. But in freeDV you do have maximum RF power with no AF signal applied! This makes measurement of the spike very difficult. Signals can intermix, intermodulate, overlap and so on.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 09. June 2021, 15:28:45 »

@satoryboy:
Your GitHub is completely unusable. UHSDR is over 2 years old and amber project is empty. And in the zip-file you distribute I am missing the firmware sources or a link to them (for each version you publish a binary). This is related to bootloader, too. Please stop distributing this zip or add a text file with download links for the firmware or place all the sources in the zip file. GPL makes it mandatory to do so. The easiest way is to distribute via GitHub (thats why 99% of all GPL or compareable licensed software is distributed via GitHub or Sourceforge). Because of you have to publish the source code for all versions (included older ones) these two possibilities make life much easier.

You can edit your own post and delete / replace the zip with one that fits the GPL.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
satoryboy
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #19 on: 09. June 2021, 17:24:22 »

Thank you for your comment. The volume of the source code is very large, I was sure that it would be enough to upload the source code with each new version. Of course, I will not delete anything, I will just add links to the source code to the archive. And I will update the list. I'll do it right now. Thanks again.
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 09. June 2021, 18:40:26 »

That would match the license Yuri. Thank you for understanding! The background is that if anyone picks up the zip he must easily get the sources to build them.

vy 73
Andreas

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: SSB frequency translation. <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!