logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. March 2024, 11:18:13

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Firmware load fault <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Firmware load fault  (Read 1795 times)
WD8BXS
alter Hase

View Profile
Firmware load fault
« on: 29. June 2020, 12:47:44 »

Please check out this video and advise what is causing this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa8a9tfai2edoc3/video-1593429540.mp4?dl=0

Thanks

Thanks,
De WD8BXS vy 73
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:Firmware load fault
« Reply #1 on: 29. June 2020, 12:53:41 »

Wrong bootloader. No DF8OE-type. You can see this at LED blinking cycles.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
WD8BXS
alter Hase

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29. June 2020, 13:11:47 »

Thank you!

Thanks,
De WD8BXS vy 73
OZ9F
Neuling

Jeg hænger på!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 24. October 2020, 15:53:40 »

Hi
I have been following this fine forum for a long time. Mostly because I have built a mcHF and the "Firmware" that you have been a good and active developer of has been distributed and commented here.
I usually update my mcHF with the latest firmware when you have posted a new version on the UHSDR Project page. It tends to work well. However, the latest version D2.11.91 still shows D2.11.89 after the update. I have Bootloader 5.0.4 in my mcHF. and has so far had no issues with the update.
Is it possible that you have "forgotten" to write the version in the firmware?

Vy 73 de OZ9F - Leif
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 24. October 2020, 16:40:07 »

Hi Leif,

welcome to our discussion group!

I do not have mcHF any longer (everything is updated to OVI40) - there is not such an issue. I have checked serverside files and linking - I connot see any issue there, too... So we must wait if someone else reports the same...

Or can it be that you have not pressed&hold BAND- long enough so that there is only a saving of old firmware is performed but not an upgrade 

vy 73 - stay healthy
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
OZ9F
Neuling

Jeg hænger på!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 24. October 2020, 17:41:13 »

Hi Andreas

Thank you for the good forum, your and others' work in this context.
OK with your transition to OVI40, so far I have not come yet. We are at least 2 users of the firmware, here in Denmark, who get the same error, as I have checked with a colleague OZ7P - Per, who also after the update, has D2.11.89 as firmware on his mcHF.

Vy 73 de OZ9F - Leif
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 25. October 2020, 07:13:29 »

Hi Leif,

I have rechecked now and can confirm that everything is as expected. Nothing forgotten, version string is 2.11.91 and works.

Last two possibilities:
wrong download path. Please download from here.

If you are working with Linux I can give you two further hints for checking firmware files:
change in directory and search for the version string:
Code:
cd /path-to-download-folder/
grep -lr 2.11.91
and the result here is
Code:
fw-40sdr.bin
fw-40sdr.dfu
fw-ovi40.dfu
fw-ovi40.bin
fw-mchf.bin
fw-mchf.dfu
I have downloaded all files for testing.
check for integrity of files with the md5sums file. Download it into the same directory as the firmware file and proceed like this:
Code:
cd /path-to-download-folder/
md5sum -c md5sums.txt .
The result should be
Code:
fw-mchf.bin: OK
fw-mchf.dfu: OK
md5sum: .: read error
if you have downloaded .bin and .dfu.

If all this is ok there is only one possibility left: flash procedure was not successful.

EDIT:
I just got informations from two German radio operators who confirmed that update to 2.11.91 works perfectly.

vy 73
Andreas
« Last Edit: 25. October 2020, 08:27:57 by DF8OE » Logged

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
OZ9F
Neuling

Jeg hænger på!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 25. October 2020, 10:22:03 »

Hi Andreas

Sorry I keep going on. I download firmware via UHSDR and also on the link you have in the above answer - I get the same version after loading D2.11.89.

I have now done that I have been around the historical versions of firmware (archive / firmware).

I downloaded fw-mchf.bin in the folder for mcHF version 2.11.90 and put it in my mcHF and also got D2.11.90 read out on my mcHF.
I did the same in the folder for mcHF version 2.11.91 and now I got D2.11.91 read on my mcHF.

When I now download fw-mchf.bin in the folder firmware-latest / and load this into my mcHF - I get D2.11.89 read out in the startup screen on my mcHF. Therefore, there must be an incorrect fw-mchf.bin in the firmware-latest directory that the UHSDR page links to.

Yours sincerely

OZ9F - Leif
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 25. October 2020, 10:34:14 »

I have verified - symlink points to 2.11.91

Sorry - I do not have any idea what is going wrong at your side! Possibly stale informations in browser cache?

vy 73
Andreas
 2020-10-25_11-47.png
« Last Edit: 25. October 2020, 10:48:40 by DF8OE »

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE

OZ9F
Neuling

Jeg hænger på!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 25. October 2020, 10:56:14 »

Hi Andreas
OK - I just download directly from the folder with 2.11.91 then I have the right firmware.

For fun, I downloaded the firmware in Index of / uhsdr / firmware-latest / mcHF for MCU_512KB and there I could get D2.11.91 on the home screen of my mcHF.

We are just waiting for others to report that it is still D2.11.89, which is in the folder with the latest firmware.
I got D2.11.91 in my mcHF.

Good weekend.

Vy 73 de OZ9F - Leif
DF8OE
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 25. October 2020, 11:19:43 »

It is a browser issue!

There is no file inside the small-mchf-folder. It is just a symlink that points to the file that is not working for you 

Additionally "firmware-latest" is not a folder at all. It is a symlink that points to archive/firmware/2.11.91/

Your browser does not check if the contents has changed. "For providing the user the fastest access" it simply takes the contents from its cache...
You already have downloaded firmware file for mchf, but never before for mchf-small. So the first one is taken from your cache (and is outdatet) and the second one is downloaded from our server  If you suggest: "but before it has worked" I answer: there was an update for your browser or you are using a different now.

vy 73
Andreas
 2020-10-25_12-18.png
« Last Edit: 25. October 2020, 11:40:58 by DF8OE »

qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE

DJ0MDJ
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25. October 2020, 11:54:48 »

Hi,

the update worked as expected on the first try with my 0.6.3 mcHF.

73, Chris

Lötest Du noch, oder funkst Du schon?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Firmware load fault <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!