logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
20. April 2024, 00:26:37

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: TX IQ Auto Correction <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: TX IQ Auto Correction  (Read 1124 times)
IZ6MAF
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
TX IQ Auto Correction
« on: 13. May 2020, 16:08:43 »

Subject: TX IQ Auto Correction.
I ask the sw programmers who developed the RX Auto IQ Correction: is it possible to develop an TX IQ automatic correction sw routine as indicated in the attached document using the FWD signal as "envelop detector"?
'73 IZ6MAF Paolo
 Tx_IQ_Auto_Correction.pdf
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
Re:TX IQ Auto Correction
« Reply #1 on: 13. May 2020, 16:59:05 »

Hi Paolo,

it is technical impossible. We cannot moinor the output signal without a receiver that must simultaneously run.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
SP3OSJ

« Reply #2 on: 13. May 2020, 18:32:10 »

Hi Paolo

This is not possible in mcF.

However, OVI40 Andreas predicted this possibility and used two WM8731. Now you only need to do separate RX and TX tracks in the OVI40 RF PCB.

Is there any other problem?

Artur
IZ6MAF
Neuling

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile E-Mail
« Reply #3 on: 13. May 2020, 20:13:59 »

Sorry if I insist, but I invite you to read the text carefully, the method is based exclusively on a measurement of the DC offset at the output of the RF envelope detector (as the fwd detector) in different operating conditions, and the application of a iteration process. You don't need a second wm8731, maybe at most an RF probe if the FWD reading is not good.
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 14. May 2020, 05:44:46 »

I do not see any possibility to add an IQ TX autocorrection without a complete new (and much more bigger and complcated) RF part. Possibly other developers do see more possibilities - I do not.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 14. May 2020, 07:38:32 »

Hi Paolo,
the theory is interesting but we need to - as Andreas wrote earlier - highly modify the  tx path. You can see in the paper that there is switch between the mixer and PA I think they did it for some reasons:
1. The PA itself introduces some distortions (IMD) which might have negative impact on the algorithm.
2. The process of the tuning may produce some more artifacts on the output while tuning with unpredictable result for the PA.

Please see the mixer output amplitude requirement to meet the high S/N range because of high full scale STMs ADC input voltage - we need another amplifier there.
There are some assumptions in the paper like gain of the whole path and this would be also tricky.
This modification involves another input of the STM ADC or switching the FWD one.

The final word: we are going into direct digital conversion technique with UHSDR and most of us abandoned the analog mixing concept leaving it as is.
« Last Edit: 14. May 2020, 07:54:32 by SP9BSL » Logged

73 Slawek
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: TX IQ Auto Correction <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!