logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
25. April 2024, 20:36:01

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Autotuner <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: Autotuner  (Read 3013 times)
dg0nf
OM_nicht_I40
noch länger dabei

OV V30 - Wolgast/Insel Usedom

View Profile
Autotuner
« on: 03. September 2019, 06:47:22 »

Moin!
In der Yahoo-Gruppe gerade gelesen, dass es einen Autotuner gibt, den man in den mcHF integrieren kann. Finde ich sehr interessant. Leider ist der bei eBay derzeit ausverkauft: (Link).
Der Verkäufer ist auch in der Yahoo-Gruppe aktiv. Mal sehen, ob er ein paar mehr Infos zu dem Ding rausrückt...
73, Helge
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
Re:Autotuner
« Reply #1 on: 03. September 2019, 07:19:12 »

Hi Helge,
I saw this some time ago, what I understand from the description the author recommends E3 encoder with pushbutton, It seems for trigger the autotune. The original UI for mcHF doesn't allow to solder such encoder becuse of different footprint. UHSDR firmware doesn't support this.

I personaly use the autotuner by N7DDC, two versions in my case: 5x5 and 7x7 150W. Works pretty good. It is external to mcHF in small enclosure with some info on OLED module. More info here:
https://github.com/Dfinitski/N7DDC-ATU-100-mini-and-extended-boards

There are some concepts for case of this autotuner, some with the ready aluminium profiles other 3D printed. My version is punched in 1.5mm aluminium sheet with some 3d printed elements:
 widok1.JPG

73 Slawek
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 03. September 2019, 07:19:48 »

and front view...
 widok2.JPG

73 Slawek
Michael_K
Urgestein

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03. September 2019, 10:13:23 »

Hallo,
ich hatte mir vor längerer Zeit die PCB über eBay bestellt; die Komponenten selbst beschafft. Das Teil ist in meinem OVi40-TRX (ui V1.8, rf V0.6) integriert und funktioniert auch bei QRP gut (außer 10m; liegt wohl an der Antenne).
Bzgl. Doku uns FW muß man googeln; da ist (war) viel zu finden; bis hin zur Programmieranleitung mit dem PICKit3.
Bei mir läuft das im Automatikbetrieb, einfach die TUNE-Taste des mcHF drücken und der Abstimmvorgang beginnt (nach Ende natürlich wieder ausschalten).
Die unterschiedlichen Anzeigemodule funktionieren auch; habe alle durchgetestet; im Endaufbau habe ich auf sie verzichtet.
Soweit zu meinen Erfahrungen.
PS: ein Großteil der Doku bei mir ist allerdings in russisch.
vy 73 aus Erfurt
Michael_K
Michael_K
Urgestein

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03. September 2019, 10:14:08 »

noch ergänzend:
ich habe die 7x7 Version aufgebaut
dg0nf
OM_nicht_I40
noch länger dabei

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03. September 2019, 11:35:44 »

Hello Slawek,
I know about the N7DDC-autotuner, but I love the idea, to integrate a autotuner into my mcHF into the existing housing. I think, it is no problem, to change the encoder without button to one with button. The two more pins for the button can be cut off a bit and then connected to the tuner using some wire. UT0UM describes this in his integration manual, he just posted in the yahoo group.
If I like to use an external tuner, I have my Elecaft T1 or for little higher powers, a LDG Z100
Well, I have already thought about an internal tuner for the mcHF in the past, including usage of the MCU and the intergration into the UHSDR-software. The hardware for such a tuner is very simple, You would only need three free ports on the MCU of the mcHF. One benefit would be, that You can store a setting of the tuner for a band and if You switch back to that band, You can also set the relais of the tuner to the last setting for this band. So You don't need to tune again on every band change...
I also thought about a simple SWR-analyzer mode for the UHSDR-software. You could use the SWR-bridge, to measure and the LO to tune over a band and look, what the SWR is on a specific frequency. You could show these values on the display and so You don't need additional tools, if You are portable and build a new antenna on the fly...
Too less time for too much dreams... 

Hallo Michael,
Du hast aber jetzt den N7DDC-Tuner gemeint, von dem Slawek schrieb und nicht den von UT0UM, den ich im Eingangspost erwähnte. Der hat nämlich eine andere MCU und den gibt es wohl auch nur mit 5x5...

73, Helge
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 03. September 2019, 12:10:19 »

regardless of the easy/hard to implement in firmware/hardware there is one disadvantage, the tuner always tune to match the impedance "seen" by TRX, you have then some lenght of the unmatched coaxial cable from tuner to antenna - that's why I prefer placing tuner near the antenna than integrate it with trx and use symmetrical feed (for example 450ohm with balun) between tuner and antenna. I use my ATU only when work in field days or holidays... Just my two cents

73 Slawek
dg0nf
OM_nicht_I40
noch länger dabei

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03. September 2019, 12:48:47 »

Yes, You are right. At home I have also a tuner direct at the feeding point of the antenna. But normally I use my mcHF only portable and there I have only a very short piece of cable to my antenna. Therefore the influence of the cable to the measurement values should be negligible.
73, Helge
SP9BSL
positron
alter Hase

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 03. September 2019, 14:20:54 »

hmm... There is possibility to add a kind of ATU algorithm to UHSDR but not for mcHF. There is lack of pins which can be used for this purpose. With OVI40 UI we have more pins available but this is in my opinion at the bottom of the to do list. With new RF boards we have possibility to measure complex impedance of the antenna, it may bring some interesting solution in the future...

73 Slawek
DJ3FV
alter Hase

Never underestimate an old man...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04. September 2019, 18:20:28 »

Für den 7x7 Tuner am besten die FW 3.0 nutzen und für QRP das Wicklungsschema auf 1:5 anpassen (cell 31). Siehe auch Github von David. Ein vollständiges Manual in Englisch gibt es dort auch. Für die 5x5 Version in dem 'Mini' Ordner. Ich habe für beide Versionen (7x7 und 5x5) noch Platinen und gebe diese zum Selbstkosten Preis ab. Bei Interesse bitte eine PN schreiben.

73, Uwe

Habe Mut dich deines eigenen Verstandes zu bedienen. Aufklärung ist der Ausgang des Menschen aus seiner selbstverschuldeten Unmündigkeit.
Immanuel Kant
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: Autotuner <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!