logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
25. April 2024, 23:16:00

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: No sidetone in CW <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: No sidetone in CW  (Read 1671 times)
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
No sidetone in CW
« on: 28. April 2018, 21:40:14 »

Hi

In order not to open new subject I hope it is ok to ask here. I have a question regarding CW sidetone. On my mcHF rev 7 I don't hear any tone when keying. I can see characters on the screen when transmitting with my key, but no tone. Same with TX Tune on or off.

STG is set to 15, CW side/offset is 750Hz, CW TX/RX delay is 0ms.

What setting am I missing?

Looking forward to your reply.

Janez, W4/S58J

Edit: No, ist is *not* ok to highjack another thread for use with a new issue....
« Last Edit: 29. April 2018, 07:25:27 by DF8OE » Logged
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Re:CW TUNE HELPER
« Reply #1 on: 29. April 2018, 01:47:48 »

I need to amend my previous statement.

After doing PA Bias and 5W Power Adjustments I noticed that now I have CW tone but its volume is based on 5W PWR Adjust setting for each band. For example if 5W PWR Adjust on 80m = 3 then I have on 80m way lower tone volume than for example on 17m where 5W PWR Adjust = 15. On 17m the CW tone volume is much higher.

The current on 80m, during 5W CW tune is 1.87A, while on 17m is 2.03A. I guess it is RFI related. I haven't done shielding mods yet, neither I have yet termally connected the SI570 (U8) and MCP9801 (U10).

In any case I will have to repeat 5W Power Adjustment with external PWR-meter anyway since I have used mcHF's Power meter which by itself hasn't been calibrated so far.

Just a comment for mcHF rev 0.7 builders:
The SWR bridge design error from rev 0.6 is again repeated in rev 0.7. You need to put the end of T3 directly to the BNC. Now I have normal SWR readouts without the need for further modifications. Check attached photo.
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29. April 2018, 01:48:50 »

The photo:
 IMG_5993.JPG

S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29. April 2018, 02:29:27 »

I can confirm that different CW tone volumes on different bands are NOT RFI related. Same phenomena is present even with TUNE off (no TX). STG is the same all the time.
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
Re:No sidetone in CW
« Reply #4 on: 29. April 2018, 10:37:02 »

Quote:
You need to put the end of T3 directly to the BNC.
Nope. Not in any case.
Its technically better to leave the one end from T3 on the upper part of the RF PCB. This is a long described modification from Ver. 0.4 to 0.6
See here:
https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/forum/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=708 (scroll to bottom)

Otherwise you can also reverse the SWR bridge in the software setup but thats not the best solution.

« Last Edit: 29. April 2018, 10:37:21 by peter_77 » Logged
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
Re:No sidetone in CW
« Reply #5 on: 29. April 2018, 14:01:35 »

Hi Peter

I am slightly confused. When I compare your 2 photos and the suggested mods (RF-04/05/06-N-023 SWR Meter Operation Improvement) plus taking into account that mcHF rev 0.7 has no change in SWR bridge schematics compared to previous iterations then I see that my mod is exactly the same what you did in your photos?!

https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/forum/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=708

https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/forum/index.php?board=15;action=display;threadid=721

https://github.com/df8oe/UHSDR/wiki/Recommended-Modifications

I have put the one end of T3 to the excatly the same line as you did in your photos (the line that goes towards the ANT) - the difference is only that the rev 0.7 lines flow somehow differently (manly because BNC now stands in a different position). Maybe we are talking about the same thing?

Janez, W4/S58J

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: No sidetone in CW <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!