logo
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
29. March 2024, 12:18:12

Home Help Search Login RegisterWIKIUHSDR Download

Amateurfunk Sulingen
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: mcHF v0.7 Touchscreen <- zurück vorwärts ->
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
   Author  Topic: mcHF v0.7 Touchscreen  (Read 7851 times)
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
mcHF v0.7 Touchscreen
« on: 13. April 2018, 03:32:20 »

Hi

I just did the "smoke test" of my mcHF rev 0.7 that was built 4 hours ago. It works!!!! At least the UHSDR seems to run properly, LCD works and I hear the sweet receiver noise - no antenna connected and TX tested yet. The feeling is just amazing, because I did it from the scratch (I bought just PCBs).

I am still new to mcHF and UHSDR (I use 2.7.63). With the help of UHSDR user manual (thank you) I managed to arrange a lot of settings. However I still can't find how to start using touchscreen. As stated, it is mcHF rev. 0.7 with 3.2 LCD and UHSDR 2.7.63.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Respectfully

Janez, W4/S58J
peter_77
Urgestein

THE mcHF and UHSDR forum !

View Profile
Re:mcHF v0.7 Touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: 13. April 2018, 06:33:06 »

Congrats ! 
But why did you start with such an old Firmware version and did'nt use the actual 2.9.x ?
Anyway an update via USB stick can be quickly done.
In terms of the touchscreen 2 questions:
1.)
If you go in the menue to System Info can you see a detected touchscreen controller there ?
2.)
What happens if you start the touchscreen calibration routine ? Thats pressing the touchscreen on any point and keep it pressed while you power on the mcHF.
That should start the calibration routine !
Also the button test helps.
At power on keep the power button pressed until the blue button test screen appears.
Here you can check all your buttons and the x y coordinate detection of the touchscreen.
Of course actual UHSDR firmware is needed for issue 2.)
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13. April 2018, 13:58:01 »

Hi

Thank you for your reply. In the System Info I see only the following:

Display                        HY28A/B Para. (strange, since I have HY32D)
      Disp. Controler            ILI9328
      SI570                          55h/56.3200 MHz
      SI5351A                      Not found!
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 13. April 2018, 14:03:50 »

That is not important. What are the entries of the next page? That is interesting...

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13. April 2018, 14:12:58 »

Hi Andreas

The next page:

EEPROM                    24CM02/256K (used)
Touchscreen              XPT2046
CPU                          419h
Flash Size                  2048
RAM Size                  256
Firmware                  D2.7.63
peter_77
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13. April 2018, 18:58:10 »

Looks good ! Touchscreen is detected as you can see by yourself !
What are the results of the button test ? (keep power button pressed at power on)
And...what are the results of the touch calibration test (keep touchscreen pressed anywhere while power on)
These two tests are important.

And you should also upgrade to latest 2.9 version firmware !!
https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/uhsdr/firmware-latest/
Have you also installed the ver 4.0.0 bootloader ?
https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/uhsdr/bootloader-latest/
Both is strongly recommended !
« Last Edit: 13. April 2018, 19:11:07 by peter_77 » Logged
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13. April 2018, 20:37:33 »

Hi Peter

I have performed Bootloader and FW upgrade. Now Boot 4.0.0. and FW 2.9.25. All runs ok. Then I did the keys and touchscreen test as you suggested. Here are the results:

KEYS TEST:
Keys initial : 00010000
# of keys pressed: 1
Touch coordinates:

TOUCHSCREEN TEST:
Keys initial : 00030000
# of keys pressed: 2
Touch coordinates:

Later, during the normal use whatever I touch on the screen nothing happens. Am I missing some menu settings that I should have do?

Kind regards

Janez, W4/S58J
DF8OE
Administrator

Stellvertr. OVV I40, Jugend / Nachwuchsreferent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 14. April 2018, 08:08:02 »

Do you have performed touchscreen calibration? This is mandatory before you can use the touchscreen.

vy 73
Andreas

Wenn der Wind des Wandels weht, nageln die einen Fenster und Türen zu und verbarrikadieren sich. Die anderen gehen nach draußen und bauen Windmühlen...
qrz.com-Seite von DF8OE
-----------------------------------------------------
>>>> Die Inhalte meiner Beiträge dürfen ohne meine explizite Erlaubnis in jedwedem Medium weiterverbreitet werden! <<<<
peter_77
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14. April 2018, 09:53:09 »

Quote:
Am I missing some menu settings that I should have do?
Yes ! As Andreas wrote above.
You have to press both Band + and - simultaneously when entered calibration mode to start the calibration process.
Here you need to press 5 calibration crosses + in the 4 edges and in the center to calibrate the touchscreen.
So most likely you forgot to press Band + and - together to start ?!

But even on the blue key test screen you should see rapidly changing x y coordinate numbers when pressing or moving your finger on the touchscreen. You did'nt wrote if this was the case.
So just perform the calibration. If that fineshes error free you can even draw pictures with your fingers on the screen at the end of the calibration.
See here:
https://www.amateurfunk-sulingen.de/forum/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=930;start=30
(Picture in the middle of the thread)
« Last Edit: 14. April 2018, 10:02:55 by peter_77 » Logged
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15. April 2018, 01:29:38 »

Hi

Sorry to keep you so long on the touchscreen issue. No, I haven't yet perform touchscreen calibration. So I tried to enter the touchscreen calibration by touching the screen while pressing power button. The problem is, that the process never moved beyond the screen than just showing me that 2 keys are pressed (power button and my finger on the touchscreen). It stops at that point and I get no further instructions. And of course everything goes off as soon as I leave the Power button.

I tried to google out (hi) how to enter calibration mode any other way and at which point I press both Band+ and Band - buttons but no luck except the fact that I need to press the screen while pressing power button. But as stated I stock at the initial screen.

The x,y coordinates were showing only during the very first attempt to enter calibration mode. Now this is also gone, however the software still reacts to the screen press by only changing the number of pressed buttons (so it toggles between the # of buttons pressed value 1 and 2, pending if I press the screen or not).

Sorry again, I know I am doing something wrong. I am trying to get all the pieces together.
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15. April 2018, 04:30:27 »

Hi again

I am burning a midnight oil .... I have to correct my previous statement. X/Y raw changes values normally as I move around the screen. The problems was that I've been holding power button too long and depressed any other key or screen first. If I depress power button first then touchscreen coordinates change.

However, even I hold the screen I stay on the initial blue screen (INPUT TEST SCREEN) - I am still unable to enter touchscreen calibration.
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15. April 2018, 07:04:50 »

Hi Janez,

plus update to FW 2.9.27, then tell us:

1. If you are doing nothing just turn the TRX on, it goes to the normal operation mode, right?
2. If you are pressing the touchscreen and nothing else during power on, the INPUT TEST SCREEN appears or the calibration screen?

Danilo

peter_77
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15. April 2018, 12:03:37 »

Quote:
than just showing me that 2 keys are pressed (power button and my finger on the touchscreen).
He he, yes thats the trap i stepped in too the first time doing the calibration misinterpreting what i read on the screen. But the solution is pretty easy.

If you see the calibration screen you can of course release your finger from the touchscreen and power button.
What you then need to do is with your now free fingers press the Band + and the Band - button simultaneously together to start the calibration and see the next screen.
So it did NOT show you that Band + and - are pressed but WANTS you to press them together for the next step.

If you see the x y coordinates in the button test and that they change values while moving the finger on the screen its a good sign and tell you that for 99% your touchscreen is ok
Then its time for the above calibration procedure...
« Last Edit: 15. April 2018, 12:07:02 by peter_77 » Logged
S58J
schon länger dabei

Ich liebe dieses Forum!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16. April 2018, 01:01:46 »

Peter, Andreas and Danilo

Thank you for your huge effort. Quick status report:
- With new FW 2.9.27 no more issues getting into Touch Calibration (it works!).
- I performed the calibration but during operational mode things are not where they supposed to be.
- For example to change meter I need to press somewhere in the scope...
- Or at the end of the calibration if I want to do free drawing the system blocks and you cannot power off.
- I am not really sure of the following sentence in the instructions: "After three valid samples position of cross changes". Does it mean that I need to press each cross three times?
- And crosses position change automatically anyway if I do something or not.

To sum it up: Touch Calibration now works while on 2.9.25 it was imposible. However the touch calibration procedure is slighly confusing (and runs on its own with or without my interaction) with not so good results when in operational mode (you need to press all over the screen to find particular control). 
DB4PLE
positron
Urgestein

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16. April 2018, 05:59:25 »

Hi Janez,

firmware 2.9.25 had a bug in that area.

Anyway, I think your mcHF has hardware problems, as it is not normal that "the touchscreen touch itself".  You have to press each cross manually three times and that works on my machine without any problems.

I've heard rumors that there is a problem on the mcHF 0.7 design with random button presses due to interference from the RF part into the digital domain (search for copper in the Yahoo NG). You might have that problem. However, I would not have expected this to happen in RX, but I don't know any details, just saw someone soldering an array of capacitors to the board to fight the issue (instead of using copper foil).

Danilo
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
Diskussions- und Newsboard des DARC-Ortsverbandes I40  |  allgemeine Kategorie  |  mcHF Projekt Deutsch / English (here you can discuss everything related to mcHF) (Moderators: DF8OE, DL1PQ)  |  Topic: mcHF v0.7 Touchscreen <- zurück vorwärts ->
Jump to: 

Login with username, password and session length

Es wird die Verwendung von Browsern die auf der "Blink"-Engine basieren und mindestens
1024x768 Pixel Bildschirmauflösung für die beste Darstellung empfohlen

Amateurfunk Die Beiträge sind, sofern nicht anders vermerkt, unter der folgenden Lizenz veröffentlicht:
GNU Free Documentation License 1.3 GNU Free Documentation License 1.3
verbindet!